Newbies with general questions

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I too am a newbie getting ready to get a good digital camera and knowing very little about it. I have been on this forum for months researching and have asked hundreds of questions, some of them really stupid. The people on this forum are incredibly patient polite and helpful, not to mention, they KNOW what they are talking about and seem to feel that there are no stupid questions. As I've learned to use the forum, I found that using the "Search" section for general questions, nine times out of ten I find long threads that not not only answer my question, but educate me far beyond what I hoped for. So if you want to save time, or are embarrassed about showing your ignorance, try the Search section first. You'll be amazed! This is really a back door way to thank all those on the Forum for their help, and since I've found the search button, maybe my questions will be more relevant and of interest to others.

Many thanks, Tom Beard

I wondered if he searched to se eif there is a thread about how helpful this forum is lol.

It's possible to ask more than one question per post, though I think the main bullet point of the presentation here is that hundreds may be a slight hyperbole.

I wondered if he searched to se eif there is a thread about how helpful this forum is lol.

i'm guessing no.. because there are already threads like this.. but, nice of him to thank everyone!

It's possible to ask more than one question per post, though I think the main bullet point of the presentation here is that hundreds may be a slight hyperbole.

only slightly

And to add there's also PM..

In Darrell's defense, I think he was just responding to the sentiment that the OP had hundreds of questions and only 68 posts... and pointing out that he asked numerous questions per thread.

thanks for clearing that up.. i didn't realize that..

Only 68 questions? I didn't check, but it seems like a thousand. Hyperbole unintended. However, I'd be nowhere without your help and I am grateful. I didn't mean to start a fire storm, so I'll shut up and use the search button more often. Tom B.

Most reactions

Back