Newborn Baby Emma

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I LOVE her expression!!! lol But does she look too pink?

4555114141_4406103215.jpg

Adorable. Color tone seems fine to me. The out of focus hands is a bit distracting to me.

Hey....when are you going to try the self portrait again? ;)

I love the expression in this one, too! The skin tone looks fine to me, I think it's just the pink of her dress that makes your eye "see" more pink tones in her skin at first glance.. But it seems alright:)

I agree with the poster who mentioned the out of focus hand, but I understand that you were trying to draw more attention to her face. In my opinion, I would either have moved in closer to make her sweet face fill more of the frame, or I would have tried to get more of her in the shot and kept more in focus. I'm not loving the "half way" crop that's going on in this, but overall charming shot!

I have one sort of off topic question for you about a photo you posted recently, if you don't mind my asking! There's a technique I've seen used often in photos lately, and you had posted a "tea party" picture you wanted to print on canvas, with what you called a "dreamy" effect. I was wondering how to achieve that, either out of the camera or in post production? I love the "glow" style, especially in portraiture =)

I don't know.....I know I need to. I figured it would work for my avatar since it was so small. Maybe I'll drag my husband out and make him take a few :)

There are many ways to achieve it. Some programs have what they call an "orton" effect that creates a similar dreamy look. If you google "How to Orton (program you are using to pp)" there are probably online tutorials you can watch :) I use Photoshop Elements 99% of the time when I pp. Let me know if you can't find it.

Thanks! I'll look that up and see what I can find =)

I don't think she looks too pink, maybe it just seems that way because of her dress.

It looks awkward to me though, having a newborn sleeping baby be straight up and down. My eye wants it to turn sideways so she can actually rest! That's just me though, I have no basis on why I feel that way!

She's a cutie and I love her expression too! Great catch!

I don't think she looks too pink, maybe it just seems that way because of her dress.

It looks awkward to me though, having a newborn sleeping baby be straight up and down. My eye wants it to turn sideways so she can actually rest! That's just me though, I have no basis on why I feel that way!

She's a cutie and I love her expression too! Great catch!

I kinda feel the same way. The composition leaves me a little "ehhh, huh?" I don't know if that even makes sense! LOL...

And no, I don't think she's too pink. Color casts are hard though with bright clothes.

Love your stuff, by the way, Jen. I checked out your website :)

Really a cutie

must be my monitor she looks a little pinkish to me not bad but a pinkish tint to her ... but i also noticed that my laptop monitor isnt so great for editing i dont get the exact picture when i print it so i think im seeing different....i like the orton effect to but i havent figured out how to do it on ps im going to try and google it and see if i can achieve it....the baby is really cute i love baby pictures

Most reactions

New Topics

Back