Newborn photo shoot

again i was just beginning and still am but i had NOTHING...just sheets and a few FAKE rose petals from my wedding and a few bows here and there.

A lot of those edits are really nice! I for one love the soft look on baby portraits.

Try not to take the comments people leave here personally. We might all be at different skill levels, but there is room for improvement in certain areas for just about everyone that posts here. We all have plenty of ideas and advice to help each other out, so bear with us if sometimes it doesn't come across the right away.

And most importantly keep on shooting! Take the advice and see what you can do with it. Can't wait to see more from you in the future!

(I have boxes of stuff all over the place of stuff! It's a sickness really carried over from my theater days - I'm an old set designer and builder)

I bet you have loads of fabulous stuff to bring to a shoot. Ugh, I'm jealous ;)

Newborns are creepy! No wonder I'm not a breeder. The last one with the feathers is really nice, and nice post work also.

-Shea

What an adorable baby! I love the picture number 5 because there's a little "twinkle" in her eyes which is very nice to see. Keep taking lovely pictures and good luck! :)

Hello and welcome. You have a bunch of potential here no doubt but I do agree with some of the comments the other have made. You've defiately started out WAY better than what I had in the beginning - please don't look at my old posts it's too embarassing - lol and in keeping up with looking at all of your posts I see you are definately taking advice and using it to your advantage and that is a great thing.
I know its tough to hear some cc but there's not too many people here that will give you rough cc without reason and they willl almost alwyas tell you anything they can to help you get it right. ;) Trust them and keep at it and you'll be golden, you've got an eye already and that is important. :)

As for letting the parents dictate, I agree that these are your images and you've got to make them the way you want your work to be presented - I know all too well what you mean by not wanting to step in and take over because i struggled with these issues myself for a while and had some hard lessons in teaching me to stop doing that. Compromise for sure but control your environment enough to make sure you get what you need. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back