1/60 sec
ISO-800

2008-11-November_194-2.jpg
2008-11-November_194_R1-2-1-1.jpg

52mm
f/5.6
1/60 sec
ISO-800

I did shoot in RAW for the first time. I am so glad I did. I was able to correct the white balance. If I had a light behind her, would that eliminate the shadow from my flash?

Besides my own children, this is my 1st attempt at newborn photos of my niece & a friend's baby. I attempted to take them at sunset when I have some nice light in the room. But that went away too fast. So I ended up having to use my on camera flash.

I tried to use my 50mm/1.8 but ditched it pretty quick. I just can't get real people in focus, non moving object yeah, real people no. I practiced just using a toy in the setup. Once I put the real baby in there, Could not get it to work. Little discouraged about that. Might just wait for the AF-S lens to come out.

I also ended up with an audience, grandma, grandpa, great grandma all showed up. No pressure.

#1 is fantastic, I'd crop it just a tad closer to the baby and you did really well fixing #2, as for advice I'm still a beginner so hopefully someone can help you out with your questions :)

to get rid of the shadow behind the baby, you either need to put another flash behind the baby, OR put a bigger distance between the baby and the background...

to get rid of the shadow behind the baby, you either need to put another flash behind the baby, OR put a bigger distance between the baby and the background...

YES! I love you people. I am learning more everyday.

Oh, and nice pictures to the OP.

I think a bounce flash would also eliminate the shadow..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back