Newborn Session for C&C =)

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend was so much fun! I had my first "random google inquiry" session with a family who just happened upon my website online. Their baby was born 6 weeks early, and was about a week old in these pictures. He was SOOO tiny!

I used some hand knit hats in these....but they were wayyy to big. One was so big, that I actually fit the whole baby inside of it:lol:

Here are my favorites from the shoot so far.. I was wondering if you guys might have any comments to help improve them or to keep in mind for the next shoot? Thanks so much for viewing, as always. =)

4786522163_f89d9b9208.jpg

4787177288_cb4ee7acfd.jpg

4787163140_e36503c6c2.jpg

4787161176_b24631a5c8.jpg

4786528693_9782df1d27.jpg

4787158048_75713a7511.jpg

very nice pictures!

the last one(s) remind me of the fat Buddha statues you see around the way the eyes are closed and the little smile on the face.

No offense intended to the baby at all just thought the facial expression was similar to a Buddha statue

That first one is very nice. Nice lighting, nice angle... just a nice photo. I like that you have the hands in close to the face.

I want to try some different cropping though. When I think of babies, I think delicate... light. The deep tones here are SO heavy. Did you try cropping about a 1/5 of the image right off the top? Then come in from the right... enough to take the elbow, but not so much it cuts into the crease of the inside of his elbow. I realize that's a fairly tight crop, but I think it would result in a completely different feeling.

Again... very nice!

-Pete

That first one is very nice. Nice lighting, nice angle... just a nice photo. I like that you have the hands in close to the face.

I want to try some different cropping though. When I think of babies, I think delicate... light. The deep tones here are SO heavy. Did you try cropping about a 1/5 of the image right off the top? Then come in from the right... enough to take the elbow, but not so much it cuts into the crease of the inside of his elbow. I realize that's a fairly tight crop, but I think it would result in a completely different feeling.

Again... very nice!

-Pete

Thanks so much! You are hands down one of my favorite photographers on this forum, so your encouragement and advice means so much to me =)

Is this the crop you had in mind? I think I understand what you're saying about the feeling, but with this crop you can't see the furry pattern of the tail in the little racoon hat anymore.

4787505738_b8583e03d4.jpg

Aww these photos are amazing! All I can say is keep it up! Very simple props, the baby own it! Love the pose and the smile! :)

Aww these photos are amazing! All I can say is keep it up! Very simple props, the baby own it! Love the pose and the smile! :)

Thanks for the compliments =) It's funny that you liked how "simple the props" are... I posted these on another forum and was told that my props were "wayy too busy":lol:

but with this crop you can't see the furry pattern of the tail in the little racoon hat anymore.

I know, but... look at that face!!

Either way, it's a keeper.

Thanks for the kind words.

-Pete

:lol:

I must have said "AWWWW" a million times throughout this session, he was SO cute. Maybe I'll put both the cropped and un-cropped versions in the mom's proofing album and let her pick, I'm liking both now =P

Thanks for the compliments =) It's funny that you liked how "simple the props" are... I posted these on another forum and was told that my props were "wayy too busy":lol:

:lol: well i guess it's simple in the sense that they are common items found around the home.
I've seen other newborn sessions wherein they use costumes or other artsy materials to make it standout.

Looks about a week old if that. Great pics though. Love the half smile you got.

Again... very nice!

-Pete

Thanks so much! You are hands down one of my favorite photographers on this forum, so your encouragement and advice means so much to me =)

Is this the crop you had in mind? I think I understand what you're saying about the feeling, but with this crop you can't see the furry pattern of the tail in the little racoon hat anymore.

4787505738_b8583e03d4.jpg

i like this cropped version too. you should definitely add this one too!

Outstanding. So cute! Great clarity and poses. I think you have taken some big strides in your photos, keep it up.

Outstanding. So cute! Great clarity and poses. I think you have taken some big strides in your photos, keep it up.

Thank you! I feel like I learn so much at every shoot..and I'm LOVING it every step of the way :goodvibe:

Oh my gosh, I just have to tell you that I think your photos are amazing! Great job :thumbup:

One word, WOW!!

The last one in colour is so cute, PS my wife wrote this ;)

The parents should be absolutely over the moon and will tell everyone, and so on, and so on...........

Most reactions

Back