Newborn session

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few pictures of a newborn (1 1/2 months old) from over the weekend.

1)
4054652952_faa53562bc.jpg

2)
4053911269_b03c274327.jpg

3)
4054652904_2caa393d44.jpg

4)
4054652862_9d4f9f7b6a.jpg

5)
4053911143_1a03353a29.jpg

6)
4053911129_fc1ca53ae4.jpg

7)
4053911091_0edc49092d.jpg

8)
4053911007_43403e5d4b.jpg

9)
4053910983_da39a5da6a.jpg

very cute pictures!

#2 is 100% frame-worthy. Well, they all are but this one especially.

Yes, shot #2 is cute. But that entirely across the frame band and script watermark...ugh...it's so intrusive that it actually influences my opinion of the photos. The band is so large itself, it visually impacts the compositions in a negative way. The use of the phrase "Property of" makes the entire watermark seem,well, over the top in terms of being overly protective of photos and overly worried about the images becoming "stolen property"...the entire "Property of" phrase carries with it a whole additional subtext compared with simply a tasteful "Kim Baker photography".

Just my opinion. I also like shots 1 and 6.

Beautiful colors and very cute baby.

Very cute pictures. I like your props. Baby looks comfortable and posed nicely. Lighting looks nice. My only complaint is the diaper. Definitely remove the diaper next time even if it means taking a risk on having a blanket to wash. It will be worth it.

Thanks for the comments and opinions everyone.

As for the band watermark, I had to change from my last one because I redid my computer and no longer have the same font on there. It was suggested to me to do the band to further protect my images. As for the property of...I did this watermark in a few minutes, just something fast to put on the pictures just for online viewing for forums and flickr and it was the first thing in my head at the time.

I know what you mean about the diaper. I meant to remove it and we got caught up in the moment and trying to get her to sleep. The mother was feeding her a lot during the session to try to get her to sleep and the diaper was soaked by the end of it. I would have definitely had to do some washing. ;o) I was thinking about getting some diaper covers for the future, but would like to try a few naked shots as well. Hopefully next time I'll remember. It was my first newborn (or as close to newborn as I could get) and I was just nervous.

Alright, for the pics, I do like most of them.

6 is probably my favorite, partially because it actually looks like she is looking at you.
9 looks rather over sharpened, I would probably recommend toning that down a little bit.

good work!

As far as the watermark, the band doesn't really bother me, but what I don't like about it is how in the different pictures it is all over the place. I mean, if it's top or bottom that's fine, but in some images it is right at the bottom, in some it's like 10 pixels up, and it others it's like 40 pixels up. I think a level of consistency is a good thing to maintain there. I mean, obviously you want to move it around to avoid the baby, but you should be able to do that without the random positioning.

nice..my fav is #2 ....my only thing is to never shoot up the babies nose like #8 and #9...Lighting is ok...but looks funny in #7...a little to harsh...

Thanks for the comments and advice.

Can you believe the parents didn't even order #2? I was shocked. On all the photography boards I'm on, that was most peoples favorite. hmmm

Wow i can not believe the parents didn't order number 2....but then again i swear sometimes parents are really weird on which photos they order and im like "huh" are u sure you don't mean this other photo lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back