Newest member to the Minolta family

That would nice with my AF lenses, but the dynax 5 would never get used.
*starts bitting nails*
It's soooo tempting. If I had the money of course. :mrgreen:

ferny said:
That would nice with my AF lenses, but the dynax 5 would never get used.
*starts bitting nails*
It's soooo tempting. If I had the money of course. :mrgreen:
Come on ferny, you'd think of situations where you could use it. Think about it, a smaller DSLR, you could pack it and take it anywhere without worrying about it getting heavy :D

You already have the lenses, you know the price is right. Come on, what do you say??????

You're evil. Pure pure evil. Stop playing with me head.

*puts hands over ears*
Nerr nerr ne nerr nerr, I can't hear you......

How you getting along with the 7d? I've not heard much about it. People seem to go straight for Canon and most shops have them out on display rather than anything else.

I am not evil, I'm just seen in an evil light. I would never play with your head, not like some folks here(chase, hobbes, jonmikal-you know those mean guys :mrgreen: )

I love it. Haven't seen many Minolta fans here, like you said most folks go either Canon or Nikon. Both are good choices, just not for me at this time(no telling what the furture holds).

You are right about the shops, most have it on display, either way up on a shelf or behind glass, almost as if they have to carry it, but don't really want to. I don't blame them, they gotta make room for the product that moves(Canon and Nikon). For me it was kinda love at first sight. I already had the Z1 and was very happy with it and wanted to go a little further. I'd been looking at the 7D since last year anyway, and had done all the home work on it(trust me-many reviews read, articles downloaded, pouring over anything and everything I could find). After months of researching I still was stuck on the price. Then one day something happened here that made me think about life and how short it is, so I said "the hell with it". What is the use of saving money if you don't spend it eventually. It's been said before that "you can't take it with you". I saw the truth in that statement and spent the cash. I love the camera, knew I would from the first time I saw it. Now I'm just trying to build the lens collection. I've got two here with me, and just had another( a 50mm prime) sent to my house. My brother is shipping it tomorrow. Can't wait for it to get here.

The best thing about that camera is that it brought the price of the 7D down a couple of hundred bucks...:drool:

...and we don't mess with your heads...it's more of a jedi mind trick sort of thing...:twisted:

hobbes28 said:
The best thing about that camera is that it brought the price of the 7D down a couple of hundred bucks...:drool:

...and we don't mess with your heads...it's more of a jedi mind trick sort of thing...:twisted:
(said in a trance like voice)
hobbes is right, he does not mess with your heads. It is more of a jedi mind trick. he is not mean, it is us who are flawed. thank you master for showing me the way.

kelox said:
(said in a trance like voice)
hobbes is right, he does not mess with your heads. It is more of a jedi mind trick. he is not mean, it is us who are flawed. thank you master for showing me the way.

:biglaugh:

I've been a minolta shooter forever, and I have been shooting with the 7d since last year's release. I love the camera, I haven't found anything else that fits to how I shoot, fits to my hands so perfectly, and for me is as easy to use. If you've got the lenses, and you want to go dig. as Nike would say... Just Do It!

-Andrew

IT does look kind of boxy.
I think the main attraction to it for me was external controls. now with the 5D out with lesser external controls i dont know what to get. I was set on the 7D- the price was kind of high and the 5D is cheaper but has less of the main feature that interested me,,
Do you think the external contorls are still enough on the otuside of the camera?

lazarus219 said:
IT does look kind of boxy.
I think the main attraction to it for me was external controls. now with the 5D out with lesser external controls i dont know what to get. I was set on the 7D- the price was kind of high and the 5D is cheaper but has less of the main feature that interested me,,
Do you think the external contorls are still enough on the otuside of the camera?
If you want more control, go for the 7D, you will not be sorry. The 5D is attractive, and I'm glad it came out after I got the 7D. If it would have been released before, I would be faced with the same problem. Forget the boxy look, get one in your hands. You have to hold one to really know it's for you. Let me know which ever you choose.

Most reactions

Back