• Maybe

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why 2010

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm already there. Targa comes in september too... Lots of nice colors that time of year.

I dont think they have hotels.. just fish huts. :lmao::lmao::lmao: But they are done up nice. sorry matt...kiddin bro. :D
Can't believe i missed this.

but your right, only the fishing stages where we dry and salt our cod.

we have a lot of hotels here, big names. Ramada, super 8, Newfoundland hotel, Delta. no worries about rooms here.

I'm interested, I've been wanting to visit The Rock for a long time now.

we have a lot of hotels here, big names. Ramada, super 8, Newfoundland hotel, Delta. no worries about rooms here.

Errm, some of those sound very expensive and boring (as in hotels as you get everywhere on this planet) ... I would like something local, maybe a cabin or hut. Or I would just bring one of my tents ;)

From what I can tell, everyone in NFLD is very friendly...you could probably just knock on someone's door and ask to stay with them.

My sister-in-law and her husband spend a month camping there during summer, a few years ago. Looks great.

The joke around here...

"What is the biggest city in Newfoundland?"
"Fort McMurray (Alberta)"

There is a very large number of 'Newfies' who have come out west to Alberta for work. If I asked the many that I know, we could probably house all of us for a month :lol:

Yes, a lot of newfs are out there now. too many, but im sure a lot will come back now that the Hebron deal was signed.

anyway..theres a lot of local B&B's around town, my house maybe won't work out for 12 people to stay in ;)

Alex: pitch your tent in the backyard. :D

Another thing everyone could try, is arranging camping at gross morne national park. It's a beautiful place. http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/nl/grosmorne/index_E.asp

I want to go there for sure, but I also want to speed time in St Johns plus I do not camp!, googled for lodging and found some nicer looking places south of the park nearer to Coruer Brook, not sure how the mix group of folks would want to handle the road trip to and from St Johns that could be 6 hours with stops one way, I’ve been thing about some different scenario, I was planning after the new year post them to get some filling of what the folks want to do

Last edited:
better off staying in town....long drives from corner brook to here are tiring and then no one would want to do a lot walking or whatever. there are a lot of great B&B's around town for cheap and way easier then corner brook. plus it's different weather from there to st. john's, could be sunny out in CB and pouring rain here.

Matt you’re confusing me. :?: Sorry we middle age folks don’t always understand you teenagers. I’m sure you think the same about us old folks. ;)

If folks want to go to both Morine and St Johns we will need lodging in both areas because the 600k is to long of a commute, also some folks may want to stop along the way so we may need lodging around Gander/Terra Nova

Most reactions

Back