New'ish Photographer From The Mountains of North Carolina

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

As several other threads said, I did a google search for photography forum and came across this one. Looks like a very good place to hang my hat!

I'll tell a bit about myself, then about my photography background and aspirations.

I am 25 years old, will be 26 this Friday actually. I have two wonderful sons. My oldest will be 4 in October and my younger will be 5 months on the 25th. They are naturally one of my favorite subjects to photograph. I earn my money by sitting at a desk staring at (and occasionally manipulating :lmao:) blueprints for machine parts all day. Definitely not the most exciting thing, but it pays pretty well. That's really about it, all my waking hours are either spent working, playing with my family, or playing with my cameras.

As far as my photographic history, I've never had any formal training at all, but I've pushed my several point and shoot cameras to their limits. I have a Canon film SLR that I used quite a bit several years ago, but once I went digital, I was immediately spoiled and haven't messed with film since. Aside from my family, my favorite photographic subjects are natural objects taken from odd angles, and macro photography of everyday objects with interesting textures.

I will hopefully be upgrading to a DSLR very soon, and look forward to pushing my photography further and further.

I am glad to have found this forum, and I am excited about spending time here. I really like the atmosphere and the overall helpful attitude that everyone seems to have. I really think this place will help me grow a lot as a photographer.

All the best,

Brooks

Hey Brooks, glad to have you aboard! Welcome.

Most reactions

Back