newport beach, 11/28/03

seanarmenta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
seanarmenta.com
panorama.jpg

Nice shot, but the sunsetting is quite bright and distracting from the pier. The pier definitely makes this shot interesting, but the water on the horizon does not sit right with me. I would have eliminated or added some more to make a really dramatic effect on the pier.

Very, very nice!
Personally, I would have liked to see a little more of the lower portion of the picture so the whole thing was less narrow but it's so beautiful it doesn't matter.

What a beautiful scene you've captured there. I agree that a little more water below would make it even better. Perhaps having the pier run across one third the way up the photo. Love that sky. I think that's what they call a mackerel sky.

Alan

Possibly the most spectacular picture of a sunset I’ve seen, As someone learning about photography, to bogleric and mrsid99… are you referring to the two thirds rule here? The picture looks like its had a large section cropped out, it would be great to see the original!

:D

Synergy

Synergy said:
Possibly the most spectacular picture of a sunset I’ve seen, As someone learning about photography, to bogleric and mrsid99… are you referring to the two thirds rule here? The picture looks like its had a large section cropped out, it would be great to see the original!

:D

Synergy

It can relate to the two thirds (sometimes known as thirds) rule, but not to an extreme compliance. I believe that 1/3 of the water would not have been good for this picture, but I believe that some more water could have created a more dramatic depth effect to create an overall better experience.

So in short you could say it relates to the 2/3 rule, but rules are meant to be bent and sometimes broken.

Looks like a place where I could have spent my 19th birthday! Instead of a beatiful place like that, I spent it in cold, wet woods in a stupid military camp in northern Finland...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back