newrmdmike and thebeginnings adventures at a vietnameise wedding

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so me and daniel shot a wedding together a while back, and we thought it would be amusing to post shots of each other from the wedding . . . after 20 hours together that day we have more than a few shots of each other.

heres me the day before scoping out the church and trying to talk this dog into modeling.
0024.jpg

0031.jpg

hmmm this may be a well documented wedding, i see 6 cameras in this shot.
0131.jpg

this is me messing up dans shot by confusing everyone, notice half the ppl are now looking at my camera, haha.
0371.jpg

dan, in the bottom right . . .
0393.jpg

we like to have a very personal friendly . . . well just look
0420.jpg

0441.jpg

i even caught him chimping!
0520.jpg

dan being welcomed into the reception
0536.jpg

dan, competing with the videographer for a spot.
0700.jpg

this is great, hes leaning on that guy, and is tired so he has to hold the cam strap w his other hand while holding a 480. . . dan, it may be time for a bracket or somthing.
0761.jpg

heres are print sales going down the drain to some amatuers

pop.jpg

love your headband dan!

Haha you guys seem like lots of fun! Looks like a long hard days work. So sis you already post the real ones form that day? I bet you got some awesome ones!

no, we havn't posted any real shots yet, don't expect that for a few weeks, we've been putting off processing a bit

cool, can't wait to see. And can't wait to do weddings either. :D

we like to have a very personal friendly . . . well just look
0420.jpg

^ chyeaaaah

i even caught him chimping!
0520.jpg

^I think the word is blinking...haha. and what is this 'chimp' word you speak of?? :lol:

dan being welcomed into the reception
0536.jpg

^ dude. I was just being funny... for some reason the word 'flamboyant' comes to mind...:shock:

this is great, hes leaning on that guy, and is tired so he has to hold the cam strap w his other hand while holding a 480. . . dan, it may be time for a bracket or somthing.
0761.jpg

^hahaha yesss! actually I wasn't leaning on him...but we'll pretend I was because that's funnier.

heres are print sales going down the drain to some amatuers

pop.jpg

^how dare you, that's blasphemy!! :D

here are some from me...

let me know if you want any off here mike :D

waiting for the reception to begin (shall we say):
danielballer-sm.jpg

shootin a bridal portrait:
mikepiano-sm.jpg

mike looking confused in the balcony:
mikemad-sm.jpg

dangit, mike! ;)
mikecorner-sm.jpg

downtown houston:
mikeshooting2.jpg

mikeshooting.jpg

with his girlfriend/our awesome assistant:
mikeandrachelbwcrop-sm.jpg

can't touch this:
mikeballer.jpg

aaaand of course:
mikesalute-sm.jpg

:D

more please!

I personally dont find it fun at all. I mean, I assume you had time, but were you shooting this wedding professionaly? I would assume you were and if so, the attention should be on the bride and her party. What if you were getting a shot of your buddy, and you missed out on a great shot of the bride?

I dont have the most equipment, or make the most money, but I would never play around at a pro gig.

I personally dont find it fun at all. I mean, I assume you had time, but were you shooting this wedding professionaly? I would assume you were and if so, the attention should be on the bride and her party. What if you were getting a shot of your buddy, and you missed out on a great shot of the bride?

I dont have the most equipment, or make the most money, but I would never play around at a pro gig.

haha are you serious??

first off...yes we were shooting this professionally. second, who said weddings couldn't be fun? in fact I find it better in almost every situation to try to lighten the mood as much as possible. you need to maintain a level of respect with your clients (in this case a bride and groom) but they need to like you as a person as well. I know when and when not to act 'fun'. None of the shots you see here caused us to lose any critical shots (and we got a lot of critical shots...over 30 gigs worth). If they would have, we would not have taken them. The only ones that even get remotely close to that were the ones where we were in each other's photos by accident. that happens. all the other shots were shots taken when there was nothing else to do (like when mike was taking the bridal portraits, I was not needed), test shots or shots taken when we had a break (between the ceremony and reception there was a 4 hour break. we had already completed the detail shots in the reception). none of these shots took more than a single second to compose and snap, anyway.

i respect your opinion and how seriously you take your clients (I too take my clients extremely seriously) but I also know that there is a point where there is 'too much serious', resulting in a stiff relationship between client and photographer.

I would think that as a professional you would know which clients appreciate a sense of humor and which prefer that you do your thing quietly. I think they have to be comfortable and so do you, if a photographer were too serious it may make some nervous.. even on my wedding day I was not keen about having cameras on me (we didn't even have a photographer) but I think these two would have put me at ease about that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back