newrmdmike and thebeginnings adventures at a vietnameise wedding

bleh.

You're right. Who cares, you didn't shoot my wedding.

When I originally posted, I thought I might be offering some friendly advice... but I've annoyed everyone.

Whatever. I'll shut up and keep my opinions to myself.... just like you want!

by the way, here is a link to some of the actual wedding shots.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76966

to the ppl criticizing the playfulness . . . since you weren't there i don't think you really have any room to talk, you don't know what was going on.

rm, the pic i took of him taking pictures of ppl, hmmm . . . we have over 400 presentable shots from the reception. do you really think i missed anything big? if i did, daniel has a picture of it, and if he did i have a pic of it.

criticizing photos i'm okay with, but criticizing my work ethic when you weren't even there is pretty low.

i've had an ongoing relationship with this client for over a year, i must be doing somthing right. in fact, after jobs they take me out to eat at the stakehouse . . . i'm pretty sure they really love what we are doing. also, i have never, NEVER, not once had someone tell me they were unhappy with what i gave them, and i ask. in a fifteen hour day there are lulls, especially with two photographers and an assistant.

have those who were complaining ever shot a wedding? if you have then surely you would know that at the reception you get a chance to slow down and stop scrambling, sit down, eat, talk to guests, etc. ITS BEING PERSONABLE, it will get you farther than good photographs ever will.

I’m sorry I love debates… so I’m going to take another bite. J

RMT I understand what you are saying, of there is a chance to miss a great shot, of course, even if you are constantly shooting you could have a great shot behind you. Bottom line if I was the groom, did the photographer get the main shots, were there plenty of AWESOME photos. If yes then I got my money’s worth. Bottom line I will refer them and I would probably come back.

But let just say that some time that day there was the most perfect shot, this is the shot worth a million, and these guys missed it. Well what I don’t know isn’t going to kill me, because if the above stuff is AWESOME then I’m happy.

Now lets say they got that million dollar shot, HOLY COW, yes that would be the feakin’ best, I would be blown away and really talk about the photographer even more most likely. But this risk of missing a million dollar shot is every time, even if you are 100% shooting no breaks, no snack, no cigarette. You could be snapping a picture and the million dollar shot is on the other side of the room. I think we can all agree with you RMT the more you concentrate on the wedding the more dedicated you are the better your chances are you will not miss the million dollar shot, but like I said earlier what the Groom and Bride don’t know won’t kill them or your business.

RMT I can say you are a more dedicated photographer than theses guys BUT that really isn’t the most important to me, the most important is how great your photos are, even if you shoot the million dollar shot, but don’t know what you are doing then that million dollar shot turns to a 1 dollar shot. The quality of the main shots are always more important to me than the others, I mean I’m not going to blow up a 24X36 of my friends drinking.

Disclaimer: I also respect the photographers in this situation and understand we don’t know the real details of this shoot. So I feel RMT should have been more careful with what he criticized at the beginning. But I love a debate and I can’t help myself and I’m done I think I got my point across.

CASE CLOSED

Thanks RMT for a great debate it was fun. ;)

haha. . . .

richard, you really think you can decide who the more dedicated photographer is? do you know rmt, me or daniel?

I forgot to thank newrmdmike for starting this thread... if it wasn't for you this debate would have never happened... THANK YOU!:mrgreen:

When I'm taking about dedicated I'm talking about I feel like RMT would **** in a cup instead of go to the bathroom, that kind of dedication... I mean come on that is a feakin' dedicatd photographer and honestly I hope they are rare. That is what I meant by he is more dedicated.

When I'm taking about dedicated I'm talking about I feel like RMT would **** in a cup instead of go to the bathroom, that kind of dedication... I mean come on that is a feakin' dedicatd photographer and honestly I hope they are rare. That is what I meant by he is more dedicated.

Richard,

You don't know ANYTHING about me, other than what you've read in the thread here so don't start assuming you know me.

Furthermore, don't start putting me down because I have a dissenting opinion about these series of thoughts.

A DISCUSSION board is here for discussion, hence the name, and not putting others down.

Read above, you'll notice that I did not ONCE put them down, in fact I congratulated them on the great pictures, and yet you and they find it necessary to put me down to make your point.

I think that is weak minded. I too love a good debate, I don't like name-calling or trash talking or belittling someone in a feeble attempt to clarify a point.

criticizing photos i'm okay with, but criticizing my work ethic when you weren't even there is pretty low.

i've had an ongoing relationship with this client for over a year, i must be doing somthing right. in fact, after jobs they take me out to eat at the stakehouse . . . i'm pretty sure they really love what we are doing. also, i have never, NEVER, not once had someone tell me they were unhappy with what i gave them, and i ask. in a fifteen hour day there are lulls, especially with two photographers and an assistant.

have those who were complaining ever shot a wedding? if you have then surely you would know that at the reception you get a chance to slow down and stop scrambling, sit down, eat, talk to guests, etc. ITS BEING PERSONABLE, it will get you farther than good photographs ever will.

Here is where the situation changes. At no point did you ever mention that you've worked with them before, nor did you suggest that you've almost got a friendly relationship with them, which changes everything.

Can you imagine hiring a photography team for the first time for your daughters wedding, and during the wedding you caught them taking pictures of each other? That would be bad, and that is my point.

I've said from the beginning that your shots were good, I never said you didn't have a good work ethic, I merely stated that I would NEVER do this, because I want to mantain a professional atmosphere... now if I was shooting friends of mine shots, or even clients I'd worked with a few times before, the situation loosens, and I can see taking a minute here or there.

You'll also note, if you read my posts, that I did not say ANYTHING about the pictures during the downtime, before/after the ceremony, or when nothing was really going on...

Bottom Line:

1. Your shots are amazing, better than anything I've ever shot.
2. You two work well together, that much is clear.
3. The bride and groom are happy? Perfect.
4. I merely had a different opinion about shooting the partner during a pro shot, especially since the first post you said "this is me messing up dans shot by confusing everyone, notice half the ppl are now looking at my camera, haha."

I’m sorry I love debates… so I’m going to take another bite. J
CASE CLOSED

Thanks RMT for a great debate it was fun. ;)

P.S. In order for you and I to have a debate, we have to discuss something. A debate is not one person spewing something out and then saying CASE CLOSED.

haha, i was just joshing about messing up dans shot, i wouldn't do that intentionally.

also, rmt, your right about that richard character. . . although its fun to jump in.

this thread started like a bloopers real . . . not like, hey look how we jipped this couple.

soooo i'm thinking as usual misunderstandings started a great thread!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back