Newspaper article w/ my football photos

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by Restomage, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Restomage

Restomage No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. austriker

austriker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    dang, yea you have got some nice shots there. you definitely have the equipment for it- which is something i dont and it sucks

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Hey, I went to the web site and looked at all six shots--WOW, your paper's web version will run SIX photos from a single 52-0 blowout win??? That is awesome! You had a couple of shots that show some real potential, and it looks like you were able to get on the receivers as passes were coming to them. If this is your first ever football game, you have a lot of potential.

I kind of liked the close sideline shot with the late afternoon light flaring your lens--that shot had a lot of feel to it. Technically not great, but it's pretty ballsy to shoot football contra jour late in the day like that. Keep your ISO up there, and keep banging away, and in a game or two you'll probably make a killer shot or two per game.

4. fstop

fstop TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Some great shots, nice that your school paper posted 6 of them. We're you on the 80-200MM? What were your settings? Impressive for your first game, keep up the good work!

5. TheCoolerKing

TheCoolerKing TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What makes a good sports photograph?
    Two things.

1. You must have the ball in the photo.
    2. You must be showing someones face.

I agree sports is tough. Last time I shot a football game I almost had the QB tackled right into me (he fell inches away from my feet).

Do you remember what you were shooting at? Might explain why its blurred.
    A lot of professionals set their cameras to aperture priority. So you might want to try that next time.