Newspaper/Magazine Submitting

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello TPF
I have found myself in a couple situations were i get that shot of some kind of current event or an event that could be put in a newspaper. I was wondering what is the proper way to go around submitting stuff to magazines or local newspapers to get some money. I tried emailing a low resolution version but I dont think I went around doing it right. Please share

Thanks
Phil

Get an assignment from the photoeditor of the paper or mag otherwise good luck they probably have someone covering the event if they think it is news-worthy.

Talk to them. If you think you have something good, you can send it, but don't forget to call them after you send your pics. Let them tell you if they thinks it's good. If yes, they might be interested to stay in touch. If no, ask them what they are looking for and why yours is rejected.

good luck

pascal

Can't beat the straight forward ask them. To be a newspaper photographer you need balls! Takes that to make the call......

If you are the first on the scene to get an incredible shot i.e car falls into the river, mayor gets punched in the face. Call the paper asap. If you want to work for them then send a nice resume and examples of your work.

Low resolution emails will not make the cut. You will need 12-14 of your strongest images on cd, print or web. All work gets considered, but you have very little time. Hit 'em hard and hit 'em good should be your motto. Fully takes a little luck, but perseverance and amazing work is the key.

Most reactions

Back