Next lens

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had a few photoshoots recently that luckily was only digital images, no printing, and have made enough to buy a new lens for my collection.

I have a few choices that I would like to look into. I like sports so I love my 70-200, but I also like to do shorter things and dont care for the quality of my 28-135.

Choices:
1. Sell 70-200 f/4 and buy the 2.8 no is for a bit more just to get the extra stop for lower light situations, perhaps shoot basketball games now. Although I would be left with a bunch of extra cash

2. Sell 28-135 and use this cash along with other to buy 24-70 f/2.8 for better quality in this region and the extra stop for lower light, big bonus.

3. Buy 17-40 and keep the 28-135 because of the 30mm gap inbetween my 70-200... Not my top choice

4. Buy 300 f/4 get the longer reach which i find i need sometimes on the fields when shooting.

I was set on the 24-70 for the longest time because I shoot alot of close range and hate the quality, but I have so many choices. The choice would be MUCH easier if i was more focused on sports or portraits but I can't decide!!!

What would you do in my position?

What would you do in my position?

Buy one of each! (Sorry, couldnt resist) Personally, I would go for the 24-70, but n the end it's your money. You need to decide whats best for you as nobody is in your shoes. Any advise here is just other peoples opinions. Your opinion is the only one that counts.

I used a friend's 24-70 last weekend. It was great! I am thinking about buying one them as well.

Good luck!

Try the 24-105 f/4 L lens. The IS is amazing on it and the extra reach is helpful

Have you tried 24-70mm f/2.8? Would you prefer 24-105mm f/4 over it?

Thanks

The benefit of the 28-105 is the length, but it's pretty much the same as my 28-135, except L and having a set f/4. The 24-70 has f/2.4 which is why i like it much more

hey ur just like me...deciding between 24-70 and 70-200...want to buy both of them :D

In your situation if I had only one to choose from I would go with the 24-70 because you already have a 70-200. Tho it's an f/4 you can still work around that and it still gives you good quality. The 24-70 would be a great replacement for the 28-135.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back