Next lens

FauzzyD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own the 1100d.

Currently got the 18-55mm, 50mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8, 75-300mm

What should I get next that i can use to take splendid wedding photos. Please state the reason behind the suggested lens please. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could buy a 5D 'classic'. It would give you two new primes.

Since you listed no budget it has to be Canon 70-200 f2.8 and a Canon 24-70 f2.8. Both "new" versions with IS of course! :)

You'd need to be more specific. What does your current set up "not" do for you? Do you have a competent light set up?

Since you listed no budget it has to be Canon 70-200 f2.8 and a Canon 24-70 f2.8. Both "new" versions with IS of course! :)
Oh I'm sorry for not putting a budget. My budget is not a very high one. Probably close to ÂŁ250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250 is not much for a "splendid lens".
i would look for a used Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 (older non-VC) or a Sigma equivalent.

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, sharp, cheap.

Sent from my Blade V6 using Tapatalk

At ÂŁ250 I would honestly say save longer.

You might also look to become an assistant/ghost/intern/apprentice with an existing wedding photographer. That way you can work toward learning the skills; using the correct kit and getting experience whilst saving your budget up and improving it to the point where you can make meaningful upgrades to your gear.

Whilst there are some very affordable options for those on budget, even something like the 5D classic (that gives you good ISO performance and a 35mm sensor) is still going to be near double or more of your budget (esp if you want battery grip and batteries with it).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back