next purchase

im_trying11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i dont know what to get for my next purchase. Price limit is 200. What can i get that will improve my skateboard photography
i curently have:
D40 kit lense
sigma 70-300
bower sfd35n flash

£ or $ (though with time I am guessing US$)

Honestly I would say that for your price range you have decent kit - I would say aim for a good quality tripod (Benbo) with a head (ball head I think for tracking moving skatboarders) as this will help remove camera shake from your hands as a limiting factor. You already have a fast prime, a zoom lens and a flash and any alternatives in the price range that you quote won't do any better than what you have already.

Sadly past that price range you have 2 options:

1) get better at photography - always helps :)
2) start looking at even more expensive lenses ($1000 area and up) expensive, but if you like your hobby then high quality lenses will go a long way to helping you get better results/

thanks for the input. it is $200. i have a tripod/monopod, but dont use it because i dont have a way to carry it around. i am getting a backpack for xmas so i will start. I want a fisheye but i dont kno how soon that will happen. The 50 1.8 looks good but it doesnt autofocus. i was thinking of maybe a slave or 2. For now i am just going to save for a while.

any suggestions

well i was jus looking at a lense to replace the kit. which one would be better. 18-105 3.5-5.6 or the 18-135

there is a 18-135vr too

for real?! i would read the reviews on dpreview and amazon; i know the old 18-135 had some bad reviews...

Most reactions

Back