NHL Playoffs

Yeah yeah... Him and Selanne didn't really peform this year did they.

anyway, Kings suck. :p

I think the Caps' problem is that Leonsis think's his last name is Steinbrenner, or so it seems to me. Spending all their money and compromising their future on a couple of big names a few years ago has been harder to dig out from than they thought it would, especially when it didn't bring the anticipated results.

I think the Rangers are finding out also that going out and hiring as many big names as you can find doesn't always mean success. There is a lot to be said for chemistry, especially in hockey where the players work so closely together.

Woo Hoo...The Leafs are OUT! :cheer:

Woo Hoo...The Av's are OUT! :cheer:

Woo Hoo...The Oilers :irked: ....are playing in the World Hockey Championships :scratch:

Do y'all realize how bad a Lightning/Sharks finals would be for hockey? Blechhh. :puke:

I'm rootin for the flamers since they beat the wings.

Well the NHL is already suffering from a lack of viewers. That matchup is not going to generate a lot of interest in the finals. TB and San Jose are not hockey towns.

Like I said before

Sharks bolts look pretty likely and would be a good series as well.

But that would be fairly depressing to us up here in the Great White North. California vs. Florida in Hockey? Just the thought makes me sick. Nothing against those places...but especially right now...the NHL needs the cup to go to a hockey town.

I guess there are two ways to look at the situation. On one hand, playoff viewership would be limited and therefore limit revenue. On the other hand, getting a team to go that far is a good way to get a "non-hockey" town going and to expand the market for those teams.

The "hockey towns" will be hockey towns regardless, but what the NHL really needs is market expansion in areas where hockey is less popular. Nothing like the playoffs to help spark some new interest, the attendance difference for the Ducks last season was unreal.

Most reactions

Back