NHL prospects 'play sailor' for a day...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An interesting and impromptu event shoot today; members of the Vancouver Canucks prospects training camp visited the Royal Canadian Navy's damage control training facility for an anuual 'team building' fun event. There were given the opportunity to "play" with fire and flood simulations and received a small taste of what it might be like to be on a ship at sea which had experienced battle damage.

Canucks prospects get a taste of fire inside the ship mock-up and check out thermal imaging cameras
Canucks%20(1).JPG

Working in teams, they practiced plugging holes and stopping water from flooding into a simulated ship's compartment
Canucks%20(3).JPG

Canucks%20(4).JPG

And practice some outdoor firefighting & hose-handling skills
Canucks%20(5).JPG

Canucks%20(6).JPG

Canucks%20(7).JPG

The future Canucks and the staff of the damage control trainer
Canucks%20(8).JPG

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got to take pictures of this?!?!! How cool!!!

OK at least a couple of them are wearing their names. Of course with prospect and training camps, you never know if you'll see them again since they may get sent to the minors or back to juniors or whatever. What fun this must have been!

Oh and really nice photos too. I lost my head there for a minute! lol after all it's hockey.

Very cool, did you get any autograph's? They have a great organization loaded with talent.

So neat! Great shots!

How cool is that last one! :smile:

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got to take pictures of this?!?!! How cool!!!

OK at least a couple of them are wearing their names. Of course with prospect and training camps, you never know if you'll see them again since they may get sent to the minors or back to juniors or whatever. What fun this must have been!

Oh and really nice photos too. I lost my head there for a minute! lol after all it's hockey.
Hocky... that's the game with the flat, black ball, right? ;) It was kind of cool, 'though my favorite part was telling them not to move when we did the group shot in from of the helicopter mock-up; it probably hit 160-170 degrees where they were standing.

Very cool, did you get any autograph's? They have a great organization loaded with talent.
Thanks; no I didn't. Even if I had any real interest in hockey, I would have considered it inappropriate. My goal when I'm doing stuff like this is to be right in front of the person with my camera and not have them see me.

So neat! Great shots!

How cool is that last one! :smile:
:lol: Not cool at all - hot. DAMN hot!

Great shots, Oh to be young again!

I wish @runnah was providing the captions for some of there.

Great shots! Nice kit for flood control. Pretty sure we did it in work dress.

Hockey puck = emergency motor mount.
Nice job. I keep saying I'm going to go photo our fire academy . . . maybe this time around.

I wish @runnah was providing the captions for some of there.
Oh? How so? Example? :D

Great shots! Nice kit for flood control. Pretty sure we did it in work dress.
Thanks Brian, work dress is still the norm; the immersion suits are for guests! ;)

Hockey puck = emergency motor mount.
Nice job. I keep saying I'm going to go photo our fire academy . . . maybe this time around.
Cheers! :) They also work well for in-the-driveway body lifts!

Most reactions

Back