Nicci & Jon Wedding (10 images)

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my 4th wedding. They only hired me for the ceremony and formals. They got married at a little chapel at the University of Denver which is a really pretty old college.
C & C are greatly appreciated as I want to get really good at weddings:)

Thanks!

1.) I have issues with WB as I don't shoot in RAW since Elements can't handle it. (I know I know....I really need to get a full version of PS). If there isn't anything white in a picture, I have a hard time fixing it.
Dick-14.jpg

2.)
Dick-24.jpg

3.) Had to do all of the indoor shots with a 50 MM 1.4 I have such a hard time focusing with that lens when it's wide open like that. I was allowed to use flash during the ceremony, but I feel like it is too distracting and I hate how it looks anyway.
Dick-54-BW.jpg

4.)
Dick-79-BW.jpg

5.)
Dick-81.jpg

6.) We did all of the formals outside of the Chapel as it was reall dark and it had these chandeliers that hung REALLY low. So low that I could reach up and touch them. It made doing the aisle pictures sooo hard! We also had to rush because it was starting to rain!
Dick-94.jpg

7.)
Dick-122.jpg

8.)
Dick-128-soft.jpg

9.)
Dick-131.jpg

10.)
Dick-136.jpg

I like 8 and 10 the best personally..

On 8, however, you might want to try and clone out that tattoo on her shoulder. At least it looks like a tattoo.. Unless she specifically wanted it in the picture.. My eyes were drawn to it..

On 8, however, you might want to try and clone out that tattoo on her shoulder. At least it looks like a tattoo.. Unless she specifically wanted it in the picture.. My eyes were drawn to it..

Yep, that was my thoughts too. It's an excellent picture, easily my favourite, but mr_baseball is right. Your eyes get drawn to the tattoo.

You need to fix the CA you're getting on the windows in the last one.

otherwise, 8 is easily the best becuase of the short DOF.

Thanks for the comments you guys. I think I will clone out her tattoo when using it on my website and portfolio, but I will keep it in for her.

Switch, what does CA mean?

Yes what is CA? LOL
I love the last three they are my favoriteS!!! Good job, hope I do half as well on Sunday!

April,
I love ya, so here is what you need to do:
1; Wonderful emotional shot but it way way way too magenta. Back it down. This would look terrific in BandW

Switch and Jonboy, I see what you are talking about now. I was working on these shots VERY late at night (trying to get them all done by the time I promised...I'll probably give myself more time in future contracts:)) and didn't even notice that I had done that. I'm going to go back in and fix that asap.

Any tips on focusing in low light with a wide open aperture? I was thinking I just needed to get new contacts, but my new ones don't even seem to be much better than the old. Perhaps I need to revisit the eye doctor and have him check them out again. I'm having such a hard time with the focusing. Autofocus doesn't always work so hot, but then sometimes I try to do it manually and it looks even worse.

I have a feeling that my white balance issues will be much easier to deal with once I start shooting in raw and get a full version of PS. It's really hard to fix colors in Elements.

Cindy, a lot of them I just had the autofocus on with a really wide open aperture, so I bet that the problem was that the autofocus was getting the chests and throwing the faces slightly out of focus. Do you always focus manually? Perhaps I need to set the autofocus differently. What do ya'll use?

Also, I know I have "do not edit" on my images, but on #10, can someone show me what the correct WB would look like? Because I was thinking it looked pretty good in that one lol

Thanks again for the responses everyone!

Hey April, since you ask about the white balance, I'll try to help, I'm fairly new to photography so I hope this is right. The way I correct white balance (I use Picture It 7.0). I just go to adjust tint, in one of the option, they have an eye dropper thing that say "click in an area of the picture that should be white", I'm assuming this is white balance. The area I use for this was the collar of the groom since I'm pretty sure that his shirt is white. White balance is on the only thing I try to adjust, I hope I did not turn a good picture into a bad picture. I hope this help. Good luck.

Dick-136edited.jpg

I think you did a great job April! I am also learning more about white balance, and once I started playing with it in photoshop, it REALLY makes a difference compared to what they look like when the white balance is off. Get photoshop very soon if you can. And as Cindy said, we all get out of focus shots. #8 and #9 are excellent IMO! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back