Nice Barn Scene

Scooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a photo I used for camera club competition- theme night. The theme was farm scene. I like to try a lot of natural light shots and it just happened the sun was beginning to set. 3 more shots and the light was gone. It seems I picked up some noise in the leaves on the trees but couldn't resist when I saw the light coming throught the rear of the barn.
c/c always welcome.
5.jpg

I really like it! Good job capturing that light coming through the barn.

I really wish you would have gotten a picture zoomed in by the barn door with the light coming through the back because there is nothing interesting about the grass or trees. They don't really add to the shot; to me they seem to detract.

I like the overall capture of the barn in this photo. However, I would like to have seen the closeup as "scruntiny1" said added to this post. But, sometimes we can only take what we can get. Nice job!

there is nothing interesting about the grass or trees. They don't really add to the shot; to me they seem to detract.

:scratch:

This is something that I can't grasp ... that is: me, the forum's resident lover of this very colour, which is interesting in itself, I say :shock:

:wink:

Well, I like the composition and lighting in this one A LOT, for the light that you had was very, very sweet and gives precisely the grass this lovely yellowish hue added to the green, which I personally find extra appealing, and the light falling through the barn is, of course, the icing on the cake! :D

I too like your shot, call it artistic differance but I think the grass is important to this shot. Barns are suppose to be around grass and trees, the winding drive way through the trees is nice too. More and more rectangle pole buildings are poping up as barns like these are fadeing away. Steel pole buildings are the barns of the future, with out a doubt not as nice as the one you have captured here.

i like it as well .. it does not have a spectacular perspective, it is not ver innovative ... but it appears as a clean and interesting image with lots of light and shadows ...

not a killer image but a nice one.

I too like your shot, call it artistic differance but I think the grass is important to this shot. Barns are suppose to be around grass and trees, the winding drive way through the trees is nice too. .

I have to agree. This is a great setting. I think if you were to zoom up as previously discussed, you would have lost the great shot of the entire barn. Lovely shot mother, thats about the only cool thing down there lol.

Thanks to all for looking and c/c. Next time I am down there I will try a close up shot. I do like this barn because it is an Old timer- not modern. Thanks..........

Everything about this image looks spot on too me :)

Now that I think about it, it's not the trees and grass that I dislike, but the sidewalk. The sidewalk takes away the sense of wilderness that the barnyard idea represents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back