Nice day out

Ripnowell45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well it was a nice day out today in NJ and decided to take some pictures with my new camera. I am still learning all of the settings and it is taking time but just wanted to post up what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

Sepiabirdhouse.jpg

ColorBunker.jpg

BWdoor.jpg
Lighthousebunker.jpg

Stairscolor.jpg

HallBW.jpg

#2, 3, and 6 are my favorites.

I love the different angles and lines of 2 and 6.

3 is really cool except the chain/lock combo (and to a lesser degree the electrical cable) are too new and detract from the door/wall's appearance of antiquity.

Were those all shot at the same place? Where?

cal_gundert05 said:
#2, 3, and 6 are my favorites.

I love the different angles and lines of 2 and 6.

3 is really cool except the chain/lock combo (and to a lesser degree the electrical cable) are too new and detract from the door/wall's appearance of antiquity.

Were those all shot at the same place? Where?

Hey thanks.. Yea I wish I could do something about the chain but I dont want to get arrested cutting it off. lol..

Yea the shots are all from Fort Hancock out on Sandy Hook in NJ. Its a national park and they have cops that patrol the area so it is hard getting some really good shots because its illegal to go in certain areas.

hey, nice photos! number 3 is my fave out of the set. what was that door for?

anthwinter said:
hey, nice photos! number 3 is my fave out of the set. what was that door for?

Its an old military base that was used in WWI to protect the NY harbor. The doors lead into the bunkers and halls. I have been going there since I was little and evertime I go I find something that I have never seen before, its pretty cool.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make them better?

To throw another opinion out there... I like the chain on the door in #3. My first thought is to wonder what's in there, and it makes it even more intriguing that it's off limits.

I like the use of shadows in 5.Also I like the lines in 6!

Very good photos

I couldn't resist playing with your pics. The BW really accentuate the texture those pics convoy.

BWdoorb.jpg

HallBWb.jpg

Most reactions

Back