Nice doggie

David

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidbazlinton.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just looking at Tempra's images from the animal lab protest in Oxford (click here for thread) and remembered this image I took of a nice cuddly police german shepherd.

gsd_small.jpg

Slightly larger image here.

I rather like the saliva dropping off the upper teeth.

David

woh.... thats one angry lookin dog!..... i love german shepherds tho... great dogs.... im sure chiller would agree ;)

You wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of those teeth would ya?

Thats one thing they didn't have at the demo, imagine the protestors telling the police that the dogs have rights and that they should release them - then a pregnant pause as it gets let off the leash - smell the fear? I'm sitting in it! :mrgreen:

JohnEBongo said:
What's his name......Cujo??;)
Stephen King obviously hadn't met Rocky before writing the book! Rocky was absolutely knackered before the photoshoot, and it was hard work getting him to do his stuff, as this image of him being threatened with a piece of scaffolding shows:

gsd_a.jpg

We had decided to try again another day and were walking across a car park back to the vehicles when my stooge moved suddenly off camera, and Rocky decided that he wasn't having any of it. Fortunately I had my camera in hand and was able to take two quick shots, and the original image in this thread was the result.

The police GSDs are affectionately known round here as land sharks, and the first image is a good example of why. So is the one below (Ziggy) who looks like he has comedy ears on, but regardless, it is never comfortable being that close to the business end of these working dogs.

gsd2.jpg

As an aside I hear that North Wales Police are now putting muzzles on all their Belgian Malinois Dogs (they don't use shepherds any more) because they are fearful of compensation claims. They state this is not true, and that the muzzles, and training to jump at suspects and headbutt their midriffs, allows them to be used in more situations. :er: I'm pleased the ones round here still look like this, but more pleased that I won't ever have to face one for real.

David. ;)

i about choked after reading "cuddly" and then scrolling down... :lol:

great shot, i'd hate to have that pooch about to be released on me. yikes! :shock: :stun:

Having owned dogs my whole life even growling dogs don't look mean to me :) For some reason I feel like I could will off an attack through my dog sklils even though I know that's not really true!

I especially like the last one looking right in camera.

--Illah

That last one is INTENSE, nice job capturing the obviously strong emotions of the dog. I like it.

what a cuuuute doggy....

I am sure it is cute at home.. here he is doing his duties! :p

Most reactions

Back