Nice lens but don't like the seller

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at one of those ebay auctions, thinking idly about a T2/M42 mount 90 - 100 mm prime lens.

I saw a nice-looking Soviet Volna lens. It's described as "mint" but I can see the marks where somebody not too handy with a screwdriver has dismantled it.

I looked at the seller's rating - fairly high but too many withdrawn ratings, neutral ratings and negative ratings.

I especially liked the fact he doesn't use paypal but uses his own alternate system of payment.... Seems to scream fraud - even more so since he's from Ukraine.

What do you lot think?

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

If you have any doubts at all dont do it.

If they dont accept paypal dont do it.

his feedback isnt to bad, I would have done it on the feedback, but no paypal+not for me

If you have any doubts at all dont do it.

I'll second that one. All of my camera gear has come from ebay...saved countless thousands of $$ this way, but if I am at all uncomfortable with the seller, I walk away to find another deal another day.

Stay away from that lens! The seller doesn't really matter, he's lying when he says the lens is in MINT condition. The rear element looks like came out of the barrell and someone took it out with, as you well pointed, the help of a screwdriver instead of the special spanner wrench. That lens, even if the glass is mint, can be so misaligned that you'd pay way more than is worth to fix it.

Stay away from that lens! The seller doesn't really matter, he's lying when he says the lens is in MINT condition. The rear element looks like came out of the barrell and someone took it out with, as you well pointed, the help of a screwdriver instead of the special spanner wrench. That lens, even if the glass is mint, can be so misaligned that you'd pay way more than is worth to fix it.

...and Mitica is the man to listen to in this respect!

Oh I know. I am just so amazed that such an obvious crook has such a high rating on ebay.

I have dismantled older cameras and lenses and got them back together - my best work was re-aligning the lenses on a Lubitel so that they focussed correctly.

Most reactions

Back