Nice Moon from Yesterday

I have a few more but I just can't get that detail like some of the ones I see on flickr mine kind of look flat with no real sense of depth and the craters and all that good stuff. I know my longest lens is only 200mm but still I was hoping for more.

Yeah, they look flat because the light's not right. You need to add a brighter key light and thus increase the shadow side's density. I would suggest procuring one of those old 1980's style 1,000,000,000,000 candle-power 1,000-spotlight arrays and a 100 foot diameter parabolic mirror and aiming that at the moon, to get a more 3-dimensional, richer, more vivid look.:thumbup:

Remember that you'll need to wait about 4-6 seconds before the light makes the round-trip. Time may vary depending upon where the moon is in the sky and the present location of the apsides.

Anyway though, to get the more "3-D" looking photos, you need to wait until it's not full. It's a common thing on this site ... every time there's a full moon, there are a lot of moon threads, but people don't seem to realize that it's much more interesting to photograph the moon when it isn't full.

I have a few more but I just can't get that detail like some of the ones I see on flickr mine kind of look flat with no real sense of depth and the craters and all that good stuff. I know my longest lens is only 200mm but still I was hoping for more.

Yeah, they look flat because the light's not right. You need to add a brighter key light and thus increase the shadow side's density. I would suggest procuring one of those old 1980's style 1,000,000,000,000 candle-power 1,000-spotlight arrays and a 100 foot diameter parabolic mirror and aiming that at the moon, to get a more 3-dimensional, richer, more vivid look.:thumbup:

Remember that you'll need to wait about 4-6 seconds before the light makes the round-trip. Time may vary depending upon where the moon is in the sky and the present location of the apsides.

Anyway though, to get the more "3-D" looking photos, you need to wait until it's not full. It's a common thing on this site ... every time there's a full moon, there are a lot of moon threads, but people don't seem to realize that it's much more interesting to photograph the moon when it isn't full.
Ya this is true. I got very excited about that thread saying it is the best night to view the moon or something along those lines. Guess i'll have to try and wait for a better night and one with a lot less clouds.

On my way to home depot for some lights :lmao:
TJ

Most reactions

Back