Nice 'Stang

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by DramaDork626, Sep 13, 2005.

1. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

Yah, i was taking more pictures of flowers near a parking lot, then i sawt his lovely blue mustand went to go look at it. Seeing my reflection inspired me (hey, I'm not THAT narcissistic) and I took a few pictures, angles was the hardest part. Kind of a funny thing happened then, a person comes toward me and the car (i am assuming it was the owner) and he screams "HEY! GET AWAY FROM MY CAR" I look left, look right, then bolt, hehe. I hate when stuff like that happens...
    Anyway...tell me what you think of the angle and anything else you can think of
    [​IMG]

2. Pixel9ine

Pixel9ine TPF Noob!

I don't know about the picture (it just doesn't say "mustang" to me).. but I think the owner -or whoever it was- was worried that your chains might scratch that lovely paintjob..:lol:

I'm sure you're very careful, but not everyone is...

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

If you did not tell me that was a reflection of you I would have never figured out what was going on. let alone that it was a Mustang. The crop really leaves me guessing. The photo could use some contrast.

The crop may be the hardest thing to correct. Revisit the original or some other angles. I think the nose of the car is distracting. Try and include all of it or none of it. As far as contrast goes add some shadow and highlights. This will define the subject better.

Reflections are great, but real tricky. I would keep working on it.

Personally I have found that running away from the subject may be the wrong approach. That is a whole other story.

4. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

it does need some levels correction. darker a bit and also the cropping part, my suggestion would be to keep only your reflection on the bonnet without the nose of the mustang, use the perspective option in potoshop and straighten the curve to keep all your reflection in.

but my oppinion is, snapshot...

funny thing with the guy though :)

5. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

I agree. I looked at the picture before reading the description and thought I was looking at someone's reflection in a murky pond. This subject seems to be more your reflection than the car.

6. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

But it was a scary man >.< lol
    yah, angle was very hard to do...cuz reflections are hard to work with, expecially on cars, I do have a few other crops, but im not sure of them

7. Pixel9ine

Pixel9ine TPF Noob!

This got me thinking of a picture I once snapped (with an Olympus) of myself, also being reflected off a Mustang.. passenger side door on an '89 GT...

[​IMG]

Shot of the car..
    [​IMG]

8. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

the reflection should be a bit more correctly exposed (solve that in levels in photoshop) to make it darker so that you don't see so much of the dust on the car and also improve contrast. also a massive crop is in order.

the second pic is kinda simple and quite a snapshot and i would have just thought it's a bummed out chevy if it hadn't had the stang written on it. so try different angles, maybe a bit more unusual or on the contraery more usual and you'll hopefully end up with something that isn't quite that um... bad. :D

9. Pixel9ine

Pixel9ine TPF Noob!

Not to hijack this thread, but I went back and edited the pictures in my prev post.. I assumed you were critiquing mine..

10. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

yep the reflection looks a lot better.

the car is more normal i'd say but it still looks like dirt. try finding another car ... :D

sabotager! :er:

11. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

*jack sparrow voice* I'm sorry, but it was such a pretty car...stang...

12. eydryan

eydryan TPF Noob!

:D