Nice 'Stang

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Yah, i was taking more pictures of flowers near a parking lot, then i sawt his lovely blue mustand went to go look at it. Seeing my reflection inspired me (hey, I'm not THAT narcissistic) and I took a few pictures, angles was the hardest part. Kind of a funny thing happened then, a person comes toward me and the car (i am assuming it was the owner) and he screams "HEY! GET AWAY FROM MY CAR" I look left, look right, then bolt, hehe. I hate when stuff like that happens...
Anyway...tell me what you think of the angle and anything else you can think of
carreflect.jpg

I don't know about the picture (it just doesn't say "mustang" to me).. but I think the owner -or whoever it was- was worried that your chains might scratch that lovely paintjob..:lol:

I'm sure you're very careful, but not everyone is...

If you did not tell me that was a reflection of you I would have never figured out what was going on. let alone that it was a Mustang. The crop really leaves me guessing. The photo could use some contrast.

The crop may be the hardest thing to correct. Revisit the original or some other angles. I think the nose of the car is distracting. Try and include all of it or none of it. As far as contrast goes add some shadow and highlights. This will define the subject better.

Reflections are great, but real tricky. I would keep working on it.

Personally I have found that running away from the subject may be the wrong approach. That is a whole other story.

it does need some levels correction. darker a bit and also the cropping part, my suggestion would be to keep only your reflection on the bonnet without the nose of the mustang, use the perspective option in potoshop and straighten the curve to keep all your reflection in.

but my oppinion is, snapshot...

funny thing with the guy though :)

craig said:
If you did not tell me that was a reflection of you I would have never figured out what was going on. let alone that it was a Mustang.

I agree. I looked at the picture before reading the description and thought I was looking at someone's reflection in a murky pond. This subject seems to be more your reflection than the car.

But it was a scary man >.< lol
yah, angle was very hard to do...cuz reflections are hard to work with, expecially on cars, I do have a few other crops, but im not sure of them

This got me thinking of a picture I once snapped (with an Olympus) of myself, also being reflected off a Mustang.. passenger side door on an '89 GT...

Shot of the car..

the reflection should be a bit more correctly exposed (solve that in levels in photoshop) to make it darker so that you don't see so much of the dust on the car and also improve contrast. also a massive crop is in order.

the second pic is kinda simple and quite a snapshot and i would have just thought it's a bummed out chevy if it hadn't had the stang written on it. so try different angles, maybe a bit more unusual or on the contraery more usual and you'll hopefully end up with something that isn't quite that um... bad. :D

Not to hijack this thread, but I went back and edited the pictures in my prev post.. I assumed you were critiquing mine..

Its a time like that when you look the guy in the face and tell him your a "serious art student" and didn't mean to piss him off :D. If he is small tell him that you have freedom to take pictures of anything in a public area, but if hes big just compliment his car as much as possible and smile a lot! I think the reflection isn't too shabby, but I would try to get more of the car in the picture, or less of it.

eydryan said:
the car [...] looks like dirt. try finding another car ...
Critique my work, critique the picture, but please keep to yourself your opinion of the car. Just as you would never say "that model is fat" or "your model is ugly, try finding another model", I would also expect you to refrain from putting down what I and others feel is a very clean and well-kept automobile.

I do not wish to quickly lose the respect I have come to have for you and your opinion, eyedryan. Your eye is trained and your critique is precise, however your manner leaves something to be desired.

wow there! dude, i did not mean to offend you or anything but i was just saying what i feel about the car: of all the mustangs that The Ford Motor Company has ever issued, even the '91 failiure, this model is the least successful shape and design. it was a figurative expression, not implying anything about the actual cleanliness of the automobile which i assume would naturally be just fine. the point was that a more beautiful and / or uncommon car would have made a better subject for your photo. it is not something said out of malevolence but out of trying to help you assess the esthetic value of things not only based on your gut but also what i believe is a general benchmark.

I don't quite understand why the sudden rush, chill man, we're all here to enjoy ourselves, and we all have different opinions about beauty which we express. And i would say that a model is ugly, or fat, if it subtracted from the possible quality of the photograph.

Understand that the subject of your photos is important as well as the technique and please don't get attached to something just because it's your own or something.

I mean no disrespect, and as my manners are concerned i agree they are quite rusty but it usually helps you (and me) so much more when we receive a cold, logical critique besides the one for our hearts.

Drama dork made a joke, ease up man, have you seen Pirates of the Carribean? Jack Sparrow was a brilliant but quite an alcoholic looser of a pirate with a great sense of humor however. It is all in a sense of "glee" and cordiality.

We are all friends by association here and no one wants to hurt your feelings, trust me. So if this is the case I will apologise and hope that in the future maybe you'll understand quite what i was saying...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back