Nick (C&C Welcome)

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was one of my first "model" shoots. This guy really wanted something different. A little more dark and edgy. This is what we came out with. He really liked the pictures. I hope you do too.

Nick1.jpg

Nick17.jpg

Nick2.jpg

Nick4.jpg

Nick9.jpg

Seems that he is squinting in the first three. Maybe he's trying to glare but doesn't look right.

lol yeah, I think he is trying to be fierce lol

I think these are a very good start. I know my friends would be happy with these, if they had these pictures of them. :)

I'm just learning myself, but here is what I noticed right off the bat. In #2 the shadow caused by his nose over on the right is distracting. I like the effect on #3! But if that orange light in the back on the right is the source...? On #4 the sunny spots on his face and leg... Not helping any but if you take them out of the equation, it's a good shot. I'm not sure if cutting off his knee was the best move. Also that "box" there... I wonder if it would have been possible to move him so he was in front of it, thus blocking it? Keeping the same frame but just literally sliding him over on that rail.

I think it's worth doing more pictures with him in the future. This has a lot of potential! I say get out there and keep going.

Thanks

I know what you mean about the shadow of the nose. I don't know what to do with it.

That orange light, I am not sure what it was. It looks lit up due to the flash. It must have been something reflective.

How did you get the effect in that picture? I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like it (*shrugs*) but I find it intriguing.

Is this the guy on Jersey Shore that punched Snookie? lol... this guy looks like he's about to kick some ass or something in the first 3 shots...

I actually like #3 :thumbup:

Are we talking about the lens flare in #3. Lens flare and ruin a picture but I actually like it in this one.

I like #1. The lighting and composition are nice. It looks as though he is trying to pass gas in #3 :lol:

lightings pretty interesting in them, but just too dark for my liking around the eyes and the face on some of them. poses (3 and 5) are also a little too aggressive imo but still work.

Nice shots! I like the first one best. Looks like you are using hard light for all these? (no umbrellas/softboxes?)

How did you find this guy? Model Mayhem?

Anyway, some nice shots there!

Yes, these were all shot with either natural or hard lighting. I have known the guy for awhile. We went to the same school. He wanted something a little more edgy. We took a ton of shots. You can look on my website if you want to see some more. I just posted my favorites.

Thanks for all the compliments.

I like them, but if you'll notice everything was shot on the right? Or is that just how he wanted it?

And make him shave that awful mess of hair on his chin before your next shoot :thumbup:

Just kidding, but that is quite the unique patch he has there...

Most reactions

Back