Nick-on or N-Icon - how do YOU pronounce it?

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Personally I say Nick-on

RUBBISH

is how I say it. Though "trash/garbarge" and other similar terms are also used in common talk.

;)

by N-con do you mean Nye-kon? That's how i say it. I think it's wrong though, i like the sound of it.
Yup. That is the way the Adverts say it, I personally say Nick-on

:raisedbrow: I've never heard anyone call it nick-on.....

:raisedbrow: I've never heard anyone call it nick-on.....

You'd be suprised ar the number of pronounciations.....I once heard a guy call them nikkins....I could swear the guy said knickers. The look that came over my face had to be horrible, and I'm a Canon shooter.

Yes, Japanese pronunciation is as listed above ni = nee ko = koh n = n,with almost equal emphasis on on the "nee" and the "cone". I once asked a Japanese exchange student how to pronounce Nikon,and that is what she told me.

In videos made by people from the UK and Australia, I have repeatedly heard the brand name pronounced it NICK-on.

Most Americans pronounce it NYE-con.

I still sometimes think of Nikon as Nippon Kogaku, or Japan Camera. You know, the company that made all of the lenses for Canon's first three years' worth of 35mm cameras.

I pronounce it wrong (the American way).

I studied Japanese years ago, so I do know how to pronounce it, but it just sounds wrong since literally everybody in the US (even the Nikon commercials on TV) pronounce it the way you would if it were spelled Naikon.

In the states every Nikon rep I've ever known says it with an "eye" "N-EYE-KAHN". Apparently that's how they say it, so that's how I've always said it.

I agree though, the Japanese and some Europeans say it differently. In the UK some car names are pronounced differently too. Whatever! :)

I say it nik-on. I would imagine nye-con is how it would be said with an American accent

I had a guy ask me about "nickin" (sort of like "picken") said in a fairly think southern/Appalachian accent. Took me awhile to figure out what he was talking about :)

Most reactions

Back