OGsPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for taking a look!

NickelandDime.jpg

You're welcome.

Haha can you comment or critique it too @Designer ?

Ok, initial thoughts.. it's kind of an odd perspective - getting a bit lower and backing up at least a few steps would have helped a lot. The trucks top is chopped and it looks like it's been lowered but you really don't get a feel for that from this perspective.

The background also seems a bit busy - maybe moving to an area with more foliage on the trees or to an area with less trees all together might help.

Just my two cents worth of course.

Why does everyone make the backgrounds either crazy sharp or crazy blurry. I'd like to see the unedited version. I was all ready to say that the background is refreshingly sharp until I noticed it's too sharp and probably too something else.

Thanks @robbins.photo the BG was a problem for me too ( especially where is obscures the grenade) but I didn't really didn't have the option to move the truck at the time. I may have another opportunity to photograph it though so I will try to get a cleaner BG.

If I go lower and back will we not just see more wheel and distortion ( shot at 10mm)?

Thanks @robbins.photo the BG was a problem for me too ( especially where is obscures the grenade) but I didn't really didn't have the option to move the truck at the time. I may have another opportunity to photograph it though so I will try to get a cleaner BG.

If I go lower and back will we not just see more wheel and distortion ( shot at 10mm)?

I wouldn't recommend shooting at 10 mm honestly, that's probably one of the reasons the perspective looks so odd. For a truck like this one I'd back up and get more of it in the frame, and shoot it from further back - something more in the 18mm or even longer range but still leaving yourself space around the truck. I'd leave more space at the top of the frame to emphasize the fact that it is a "lowrider" of sorts, with the chopped top as well as a smidge more at the bottom so it doesn't look like it's squeezed into the shot quite so much.

Also dropping to a knee and shooting from a bit lower position would probably help a lot too, I know your trying to get as much of the "cool" elements of the truck into the shot as possible but by getting a bit lower it will give the truck much cleaner lines and give the body style more emphasis

@Borad I shot at f13, used Lr sharpening, and also used output sharpening (High) for screen on export. Why did I do that, not sure, besides was shown how and tried it. Why does everyone, not sure either about that.

I just wanted to make my friends truck look nice, and to do better ( or at least get the shot) next time as well.

@Borad I shot at f13, used Lr sharpening, and also used output sharpening (High) for screen on export. Why did I do that, not sure, besides was shown how and tried it. Why does everyone, not sure either about that.

I just wanted to make my friends truck look nice, and to do better ( or at least get the shot) next time as well.

No worries, sometimes the best shot you can get is the best shot you can get. Lord knows I've got a ton of stuff that I look at and say, wow.. this is a nice shot but that background.. ugh.. or this isn't bad if only I'd stopped down the lens just a bit more.. . lol

Nice. The water color is better and the background is focused enough without being too sharp. I'd have nothing against tweaking it as long as the tree sharpness and water color don't change much.

Haha can you comment or critique it too @Designer ?
I was unsure if you meant the photo or the vehicle.

Since we are on TPF, I'll critique only the photo.

Nicely framed except for the somewhat distracting trees in the background. The trees intersecting with your subject is the issue. Good overall.

The light direction and quality mid-day light delivers this time of year is not helping.

Wide angle lens up close is not a great plan for this, I don't think.

Most reactions

Back