Nicolo with a Porsche Carrera 911 Twin Turbo

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My most recent shoot was a really fun one. It was my 5th and last time photographing my muse Nicolo before I move back to Ketchikan for the Summer, and I was lucky enough to convince my uncle to let me use one of his cars for this shoot. It's also going to be published in the upcoming issue of Avari Magazine, a fashion magazine based out of Portland OR. Styling was done by me from my own wardrobe.

These were all shot with natural light on top of a garage in Downtown Portland.

1. I wish the flare wasn't so prominent, and I had a hard time editing this image to get the detail I wanted on his face.
_mg_6504_by_danostergren-d8qaxca.jpg

_mg_6452_by_danostergren-d8qaxcl.jpg

3. I was photographing the car from a different angle just before this shot, and forgot to have the wheel turned so it was straight; the wheel looked great turned from a different angle, but I'm kicking myself for not turning it straight for this angle.
_mg_6559_1_by_danostergren-d8qaxc5.jpg

_mg_6614_by_danostergren-d8qaxba.jpg

_mg_6664_by_danostergren-d8qaxam.jpg

_mg_6622_by_danostergren-d8qaxb2.jpg

Beautiful car. Beautiful model. Beautiful set. I think that sums it up. Great work as always, Dan! I can see your frustration with the wheel in #3, but honestly, you did such a nice job with the comp on it, that my eye didn't even go there until you pointed it out.

cool car, but the guy keeps standing in the way of it. :bouncingsmileys:

Beautiful car. Beautiful model. Beautiful set. I think that sums it up. Great work as always, Dan! I can see your frustration with the wheel in #3, but honestly, you did such a nice job with the comp on it, that my eye didn't even go there until you pointed it out.
Thank you. It doesn't bug me enough to scrap the shot, but my eye keeps going to it. It would have been such a great shot if the wheel were straight!

Thank you. It doesn't bug me enough to scrap the shot, but my eye keeps going to it. It would have been such a great shot if the wheel were straight!

Fairly easy photoshop. Have you tried? Only an eagle eyed gearhead would notice the rear brakes are in the front.

my uncle to let me use one of his cars

One of them? How many does he have?!!! ;)
It looks like a great set to me! :)
I can't help but think the last one would look good shot at night, with the right lighting. I know you can't do that now, it was just a thought. :)

Fairly easy photoshop. Have you tried? Only an eagle eyed gearhead would notice the rear brakes are in the front.
I was wondering the same thing.

my uncle to let me use one of his cars

One of them? How many does he have?!!! ;)
It looks like a great set to me! :)
I can't help but think the last one would look good shot at night, with the right lighting. I know you can't do that now, it was just a thought. :)
He has 3 Porsches altogether. He keeps them for a few years and then upgrades to newer ones. I could never afford it, but I'm glad he can!

I don't think the lighting would quite match; Nicolo is casting a shadow over the wheel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back