Niece

sukunda87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sister's kid. Very thoughtful.

Mina 1.jpg

One more. She was very professional today :)

Attachments

• Mina 7.jpg
    Mina 7.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 90
Why convert to b&w?
These seem too heavy in the grey tones and rather flat and drab.
I prefer the first because we actually can see her face.

How about posting the original?

I had a problem. She didn't want to move from the shade, which is ok, we were there for fun. Yeah, it's very grey, she is standing on the concrete road. It would be a different story if she was standing in the grass.
bebc0a9150aa3711a85538abd55355bc.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think her face is waaaay too grey and dull and there isn't much in the mid tones.
Too small to do much with but here's a shot at it.
Note how grey the whites of her eyes are even after lightening and changing color balance.

babyface.jpg

Did you by chance shoot AWB? I prefer shade to bright sun for kids, but getting white balance right can be difficult unless you have a reference point. As many have suggested previously , taking a shot of a pice of white Styrofoam will help you dial in the white. By the way there are "never bad shots" of children, only better. They don't have the preconceived notions of how they should look. What you see is the real thing at that point frozen in time.

@The_Traveler Thank You for tips. When You say it like that, I can see my mistake. It's super grey. You are helping me a lot, and I have so much to learn from You sir. I'm making mistakes, but I'm also trying to fix them, and not to repeat them. It's not an excuse, but I have my first DSLR only for a week. And I want all. At once. Street photogpraphy, nightsky, portraits, makro, all... I'm aware that I need a lot of patiance for all of it, and a lot of reading + shooting. I have completed theoritical part of the photo course. And it's nothing compared to this one, practical.

I'm reading Your blog Lew Lorton Photography, Street/Journalism Images are so powerfull, and I realy enjoed watching them.

@smoke665 Yes. AWB was auto. I tried to get her in the shade, bu also with background which is in shade. But she didn't want to cooperate, she's only year and a half old, so it was hard to hold her still in one place :) This was first time for me to photograph kids. Like I said, I have DSLR only for a week, and I'm still learning. That's a great tip for Styrofoam, I will definitely try that next time.

Here are two more examles:

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 92
Everything will come with time and effort.
There is an enormous amount to learn and practice.
Just stick with it, be discriminating about your own work and get support/help whenever you can.

Brightened face, warmed a bit, sharpened a bit.
Nice picture, lovely child.

DSC_0024ll.jpg

In the last two, you're encompassing two very different light sources. One shade, one bright sun. Sometimes it's impossible to work around, but while you're learning the less variables you have to deal with the better. Changing angles can help to lessen the impact. Echo the comment about lovely child.

@The_Traveler Thank You Sir, I will try hard and do my best.

@smoke665 Thank You, I appreciate Your constructive advices. I can learn so much from You guys.

And thank You both for compliments about her. She's gorgeous.

Most reactions

Back