Night Bridge Shot

logan9967

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this in Easton, Pennsylvania. Don't know the name of the bridge, if anyone does let me know. I'm not sure if I like what little windows live PP is done to it. Anyone let me know what you think! Lots of C&C please! :D

2423828617_70d675cd65_b.jpg

EDIT*

Here's the stuff
Shutter/Exposure: 20 Seconds
F-Number: F/16
ISO: 100
Camera: Canon EOS 20D
Lens: Tokina 12-24mm Wide / UV Filter

that's cool. what kind of exposure time? the water (it is water?) looks like wet pavement, real smooth and even. a result of the sutter speed? neat stuff.

Very nice shot. Is there anyway you can "dim" the white lights above the bridge to bring out the softer lighting?

Very nice! Makes me wanna go take some night shots now!

thanks for the comments, not sure if there is anyway, but what would you like to see more of? the green of the bridge? or the reflected light on the water?

Hi Logan, did you shoot in raw or just in jpeg? any sharpening in photoshop? & is this the original resolution? I made a shot in night but couldn't get it sharp as yours. thanks, oh sorry all the ?

Hi Logan, did you shoot in raw or just in jpeg? any sharpening in photoshop? & is this the original resolution? I made a shot in night but couldn't get it sharp as yours. thanks, oh sorry all the ?

Ever since I heard about RAW I shoot RAW+JPEG, This one is just a JPEG image with sharpening and some color boosting in Windows Live Photo Editing, a very basic PP. The best way to take night shots is with a tripod, that should be your first step if you aren't already doing it. Next your going to want to lower your iso as low as possible, this was shot at 100ISO, The lower the ISO the darker yet sharper your picture will be, your going to need more light thus the boost in exposure/shutter time. Hope that helps!

Amazing. I really would love to try something like this, but all the tripods in the house at the moment are broken in some way lol...

Most reactions

Back