Night Lights Portrait

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by vonDrehle, Jan 25, 2007.

1. vonDrehle

vonDrehle TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This is a picture I got in the Bahamas of my sister and her fiance. This wasn't planned or anything I just kind of came upon sitting next to a random pool on a huge resort at 12:30 in the morning. The first picture is the original and the second is where I lightened them up a little. Is there anything I could have done different when I originally shot it to make them a little more bright while maintaining the background colors? Also you can't really see in this smaller version but on the full size on the photoshoped one there is a considerable amount of noise on them. Is there anyway I can reduce that to make it better for printing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canon 5D
    Tv (Shutter Spmed) 1
    Av (Aperture Value) 6.3
    ISO Speed 800
    Focal Length 17mm

Any critique is more than welcome.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris

2. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

pretty colors... other then asking them to stay still a bit more, i can't see anything else that i would have changed...

there are some programs that can clean up noise... noise ninja and such. there is a free one but i can't think of the name of it right now.

depending on the speed of your lens, perhaps you could have shot a few stops faster and made the shutter quicker?

nice shot for what you had to deal with though :)

3. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You're thinking neat image

4. vonDrehle

vonDrehle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks I'll try out the program and see how it does. When I enlarge it should I crop it a little and get just the two of them or keep it like it is now?

5. Photon

Photon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1) you can go through each one of the channels in phtotshop and see where is the most part of the noise. it is most likely for it to be in the blue channel . then reduce the noise only in that channel.
    2) next time when you take an immage like this you may consider lowering the ISO speed. the lower the speed the less the noise. i myself restrict the night shots up to 200.

6. vonDrehle

vonDrehle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks I will try that out and see how it does. And since I had a tripod I'm not really sure why I was shooting at 800. I'll make a note to myself not to do that.