Night / Night Club Photography

IamCallum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,

I'm totally new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section.

I have been into photography quite a while now and recently I got my first job working for a local club promotion and merchandise company, keyrings and such.

I'll be photographing in clubs come Friday & Saturday night and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or experience of doing similar work?

I have more than a basic understanding and I hope to be fine come the day but I was just wondering if anyone could provide any other advice?

Such as settings, for good shots and effects etc...

I'm currently using a Nikon D40x, 18 - 55mm Lens and using a Jessops compatible Flash Gun

Any help will be appreciated

Many Thanks,

Callum

Settings?

That depends on the available light, your flash, and how fast your lens is, and what kind of shots you hope to get.

Get a fast prime lens, 35mm 1.8 AF-S, 50mm 1.4 AF-S come to mind. The 18-55mm kit lens will not cut it. Also, a speedlight, SB-600/900, with some sort of a diffuser or bounce card, sto-fen or ABC bounce. A camera body with better high ISO performance would also be recommended.

As for settings, Bitter nailed it- it all depends on what you, or your "customers" want in the photograph.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back