Night Photo

lol it was just a suggestion i mean you were the one who was saying that there are a lot less stuff to take pic of where you live :greenpbl:

I know, but I didn't mean it as I hate taking pics here, it's just a fact :p and I do know that I can go to mexico-china to get better pics, there is always better.

I know, but I didn't mean it as I hate taking pics here, it's just a fact :p and I do know that I can go to mexico-china to get better pics, there is always better.

lmao geez stop exaggerating lol I didnt say that you should fly thousands of miles just to take some pics lol what I meant is that you could just drive to some bigger city near where you live like Regina or even Saskatoon. Well I dont know how much it cost to fly inside Canada but here in Europe you can actually fly from Stockholm to London or even Rome, Italy for less than 200 dollars and certain travel agencies sell weekend getaways to many major European cities with hotel and plane tickets for less than 400 bucks which are quite cheap heh lol I only discovered that lately actually. oh well enough about travelling. As I mentioned in your other thread small cities are interesting and charming in their own ways

lmao geez stop exaggerating lol I didnt say that you should fly thousands of miles just to take some pics lol what I meant is that you could just drive to some bigger city near where you live like Regina or even Saskatoon. Well I dont know how much it cost to fly inside Canada but here in Europe you can actually fly from Stockholm to London or even Rome, Italy for less than 200 dollars and certain travel agencies sell weekend getaways to many major European cities with hotel and plane tickets for less than 400 bucks which are quite cheap heh lol I only discovered that lately actually. oh well enough about travelling. As I mentioned in your other thread small cities are interesting and charming in their own ways

You knew I was exaggerating, so why did you take my post seriously? lol.

It costs a lot to fly inside of Canada, I've already figured that one out.

You knew I was exaggerating, so why did you take my post seriously? lol.

It costs a lot to fly inside of Canada, I've already figured that one out.

lol nah I was only taking it HALF seriously because I didnt know if you were being serious or not course it almost sounded like you were being sarcastic :greenpbl:
yeah I have learned that flying inside or to Canada cost a lot compared to everywhere else lol I think it has to do with the fact that there are so few airlines in Canada so theres no real competition lol yeah boring economics again :D

the curve of that wall really adds to it. I think this makes the shot.

but maybe showing a bit more of the wall on the right hand side would give it a more complete look?

Oh, and stop flirting you two :p

the curve of that wall really adds to it. I think this makes the shot.

but maybe showing a bit more of the wall on the right hand side would give it a more complete look?

Oh, and stop flirting you two :p

Hmm.. yes I see what you mean. Haha. Thanks :p

And oh, I'm not flirting, he's flirting and he won't stop ... :thumbdown: (He's posted in all the topics I've posted in... :O

Hmm.. yes I see what you mean. Haha. Thanks :p

And oh, I'm not flirting, he's flirting and he won't stop ... :thumbdown: (He's posted in all the topics I've posted in... :O

uh ok I was not "flirting" or whatever. was just replying to what you said well if I made you uncomfortable with certain things I said Im sorry. heh didnt know you would get that edgy because some weird immature dude all of the sudden made some silly comment on our posts on here :greenpbl: geez its an online forum not a junior high class

I just dont like to have a very serious conversation and I sometimes act like that around my friends in real life too and I dont see them accusing me of being gay and trying to flirt with them, its just me lol

Last edited:
Well excuse me for being edgy. I never said you were flirting either so don't accuse me of that. I was only defending myself of what he said (but it's really no big deal?). It's kinda funny; how it's obvious you've searched what posts I've posted in... cause the next day I find you're reply after mine. I mean how do you know what sub-forum I went into, etc. Just my theory.. Kinda weird if you ask me. End of discussion?

Well excuse me for being edgy. I never said you were flirting either so don't accuse me of that. I was only defending myself of what he said (but it's really no big deal?). It's kinda funny; how it's obvious you've searched what posts I've posted in... cause the next day I find you're reply after mine. I mean how do you know what sub-forum I went into, etc. Just my theory.. Kinda weird if you ask me. End of discussion?

sorry but you did sound like you were edgy and in this reply it sounds like you were grumpy lol jk and I apologize again if i made you uncomfortable. I don't think we need to defend ourselves or explain our "actions" to that guy on here lol sigh well yes I did do a search on what you have posted but the reason was that I just wanted to see if you have posted any other photos on here so I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable again but I just thought it was an easier way. I won't do that again though. you probably have some trust issues because of the past and I know gaining trust again will be hard and takes time and I do not wish to make the same mistakes twice.

yes end of discussion course I'd rather talk about something else, like photography maybe lol

Last edited:
sorry but you did sound like you were edgy and in this reply it sounds like you were grumpy lol jk and I apologize again if i made you uncomfortable. I don't think we need to defend ourselves or explain our "actions" to that guy on here lol sigh well yes I did do a search on what you have posted but the reason was that I just wanted to see if you have posted any other photos on here so I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable again but I just thought it was an easier way. I won't do that again though. you probably have some trust issues because of the past and I know gaining trust again will be hard and takes time and I do not wish to make the same mistakes twice.

yes end of discussion course I'd rather talk about something else, like photography maybe lol

lol - well do what you please don't let me control what you do. Anyways! Moving on! :O

lol - well do what you please don't let me control what you do. Anyways! Moving on! :O

lol nah you weren't controlling or anything I just dont want people to think less of me or misunderstand my intentions. I personally despise people who seem to be controlling and obsessive because I have seen quite a bit of them lately, among my friends and I know what kind of damage these kind of behavior can do.

ANYWAYS lol say what kind of setting did you use when you took those night shots?? When I took mine hand held I used f/4.0 and iso 800 and higher and let the camera decide which shutter speed it want to use. I just want to know because sooner or later I will get a tripod and I'd like to know how to take pics using that equipment.

Last edited:
lol nah you weren't controlling or anything I just dont want people to think less of me or misunderstand my intentions. I personally despise people who seem to be controlling and obsessive because I have seen quite a bit of them lately, among my friends and I know what kind of damage these kind of behavior can do.

ANYWAYS lol say what kind of setting did you use when you took those night shots?? When I took mine hand held I used f/4.0 and iso 800 and higher and let the camera decide which shutter speed it want to use. I just want to know because sooner or later I will get a tripod and I'd like to know how to take pics using that equipment.

5 Second exposure
13Fstop (I think?) I see a 13 on the settings of the photo on my cam, and I think it's the F stop.
ISO 400

I use the TV mode with these kinds of pictures, where I only have to change shutter speed and ISO, and not F stop.

5 Second exposure
13Fstop (I think?) I see a 13 on the settings of the photo on my cam, and I think it's the F stop.
ISO 400

I use the TV mode with these kinds of pictures, where I only have to change shutter speed and ISO, and not F stop.

I think I used the P mode lol so I only have to change F stop and ISO. I guess with a tripod it would be whole a lot better using the TV mode and use long exposure time. thanks for the info :D

I think I used the P mode lol so I only have to change F stop and ISO. I guess with a tripod it would be whole a lot better using the TV mode and use long exposure time. thanks for the info :D

Fstop is too weird right now for me. I think some cameras can only go so low when it comes to Fstop? Sometimes I can get like 4.0f stop, and other times when I'm at 5.6 I can't seem to go lower, and I don't know why. If I use iso 1600 the picture is waaaaaay too noisy. So therefore I'm stuck. I get a low light picture, or a nice light picture with NOISE. So I have not used the Av mode because of that. Never seems to work out for me and I always find myself fussing with it.

Fstop is too weird right now for me. I think some cameras can only go so low when it comes to Fstop? Sometimes I can get like 4.0f stop, and other times when I'm at 5.6 I can't seem to go lower, and I don't know why. If I use iso 1600 the picture is waaaaaay too noisy. So therefore I'm stuck. I get a low light picture, or a nice light picture with NOISE. So I have not used the Av mode because of that. Never seems to work out for me and I always find myself fussing with it.

I think it has to do which focal length you use...

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/Exposure/Aperture_01.htm

"Because of basic optical principles, the absolute aperture sizes and diameters depend on the focal length. For instance, a 25mm aperture diameter on a 100mm lens has the same effect as a 50mm aperture diameter on a 200mm lens."

lol It is a bit confusing and very technical and I still don't really understand it. anyway yeah I usually use the AV mode when I taking night photos without tripod and use f/4.0 which is the highest I could go on my lens. well I dont usually notice whole a lot of noise until like ISO 1250 or higher and even then I can often reduce it in Photoshop using a plug in called Noise Ninja.

here is a pic I took at ISO 3200 and post processed in Photoshop
IMG857c1.jpg

and this is the original pic:
IMG857Original.jpg

Most reactions

Back