Night Photography in Cincy tonight!

catweh00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am planning on taking some nights shots of the Cincy skyline tonight, with my tripod, nikon D70, 18-70mm, and 70-210mm lens. What else do I need and do you have any suggestions for strategy or good hints? Should I leave it in night program mode or switch it to manual? In manual, should I use center weighted, matrix, or spot metered exposure?

Wide aperture, right? Thanks everyone for your help. I am just checking to see if I am missing anything. I will post pics tonight immediately when I get back for you all to critique.
Craig

Tungsten WB is key. Try to keep the light source out of the frame. Unless something is moving; I say stop down to ƒ8 or above.

Oops... just read the skyline part. Skyline shots have the light as being key. Go for a lot of different colored lights.

there is a little hill, or a mountain, on the east side of cinci, near the river, i highly recommend going to the top of that, there are some great views from there. of course you have already taken your pics by now...

head up to 8th and Matson in price hill... best view of downtown from the west side.

john3eblover said:
there is a little hill, or a mountain, on the east side of cinci, near the river, i highly recommend going to the top of that, there are some great views from there. of course you have already taken your pics by now...
Mt. Adams?

Most reactions

Back