NIght photography

Like_Clockwork

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't really understand how to get good night pictures of a city scape...can anyone enlighten me. Sorry for such a noobish question ;-) so any help is appreciated

Slow shutter speed and a tripod for the most part. A wider aperture and high ISO helps too.

I wouldn't recommend a high ISO if your using a tripod.. I'd actually recommend ISO 100 if your shooting a subject that's not moving.

Probably an F8 aperture and ISO 100 would work (you could probably just shoot in aperture priority mode and let the camera choose the shutter speed). I also recommend shooting in RAW because you will likely have a lot of haze and if you shoot in RAW you will have better luck photoshopping it IMO.

Slow shutter speed and a tripod for the most part. A wider aperture and high ISO helps too.

You don't need a high ISO if you have a tripod.

I always shoot ISO 100 with my night shots. I wouldn't shoot anything higher with a tripod.

Oh, BTW, I recommend getting a cable release. They are nice because if you press the shutter with your hand, it can cause just enough camera movement for your shots to come out blurry. The next best option is to set the timer, but then you have to wait every shot for the timer to count down.

Most reactions

Back