Night photos - Minneapolis, MN

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A photographer friend and I went out last night around downtown. I didn't get as many keepers as I hoped, but these were some of the best. C&C appreciated!

Hennepin Ave bridge
CRW_6308_RJ.jpg

looking north of downtown
CRW_6319_RJ.jpg

Gold Medal Flour and Mill City Museum
CRW_6321_RJ.jpg

old flour mill structures by the river
CRW_6327_RJ.jpg

downtown
CRW_6334_RJ.jpg

stacks
CRW_6337_RJ.jpg

I like how in #2 your eye gets drawn to the red sign on the left, and then back along the bridge to the reflections in the water. Nice shot.

Really like the angle you shot in #5, the way the lines from the railings seem to head off into infinity, and the gold on the top of the building downtown. Makes me think there should be an old movie announcer in the background, introducing a quiet night in gotham for a batman movie. Cool stuff.

Hey, that red sign of Gold Medal Flour came out nicely. I am struggling with red signs most of the time! (OK, "most of the time" exaggerates things quite a bit - I haven't been out doing A LOT of night photography, ever at all... :roll: ;)).

Nice work, Marcus. On the first one I wish you had gotten the whole tower of the bridge. That's my only real nit to pick with this series.

I was hovering around downtown Minneapolis last night as well. It is SO pretty at night!

Thanks for the comments. Yea, I agree about cutting off the top of the bridge tower. I hadn't noticed that until I got home. Usually I'm pretty careful about composing.

Also, I think I could have done a longer exposure for the skyline shot.

Wow great night shots I enjoy it. I hope to do some great night shot when I return home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back