Night portrait

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just asked my cousin if she wanted her picture taken. It was dark, this was my favorite. is it ok?
DSC_1252.jpg

What did you use for light? It looks good.

Thanks.
I used a softbox a few feet away. It's a dark steps alley and there was a single street light giving a bit of light to the background. I thought it was better in black and white

Thanks all for input

I also took this one. I am going to print one of them for her. Which do you think would be the better image. I'm thinking the first one but would love your opinion. Thanks
DSC_1165.jpg

I like her expression better in the first.

Print both. I like 1st one better but both are wonderful.

I like them both!

A couple of details to consider:

On the first photo I believe that her coat clashes with the structure that she's posing on. When photographing a coat with so much texture and a contrasty pattern, a background that doesn't have as much texture will make for a more harmonizing effect.

On the second photo, I feel that the arm positioning is a bit awkward. Having her take a step away from the wall or extend her arm out so that it isn't scrunched up against her body would create more pleasing compositional lines, and make her look a bit more comfortable while also avoiding what looks like a hand growing out of her shoulder.

A couple of details to consider:

On the first photo I believe that her coat clashes with the structure that she's posing on. When photographing a coat with so much texture and a contrasty pattern, a background that doesn't have as much texture will make for a more harmonizing effect.

On the second photo, I feel that the arm positioning is a bit awkward. Having her take a step away from the wall or extend her arm out so that it isn't scrunched up against her body would create more pleasing compositional lines, and make her look a bit more comfortable while also avoiding what looks like a hand growing out of her shoulder.

Thanks for the tips. I will certainly keep them in mind

Most reactions

New Topics

Back