night scen, pls c&c, thank you

josephche

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, i took a photo of night scene. eager to know your feeling on it. Thanks for your critiques and comments.
4009016778_7d121c3bbd_o.jpg

4009016778_7d121c3bbd_o.jpg

Exposure: 5s
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 6 mm
ISO Speed: 80

Last edited:
Having the photo usually helps us critique it.

Not bad, though you need to sort that tilt out.

Fix the tilt like everyones said, but I like the picture, nice view! :thumbup: I think I'd like it more though if the branches at the top didn't hang so low, mainly the ones in the middle that hang down the lowest.

Not bad, though you need to sort that tilt out.
Thank you for your suggestion. what software do you suggest to rotate it. i tried to rotate it with picasa and found out the quality decrease a lot. here is the result.
4010402530_47dcd7b152_o.jpg

Fix the tilt like everyones said, but I like the picture, nice view! :thumbup: I think I'd like it more though if the branches at the top didn't hang so low, mainly the ones in the middle that hang down the lowest.

Thank you for your suggestion. personally, i like the style of the tree. it has a kind of style of Chinese painting, so i included a large part of them. i think what you said is right, the composition of them are not good, and maybe it will give us a feeling of depression. i should take the tress as a theme in another shot. and leave more space between the branches and the distant light. Thank you again.

I don't know why, but I don't like the tree branches at the top. Maybe it's sort of a contrasting kind of thing. But it doesn't appeal to me. But I love the warm amber color.

I don't know why, but I don't like the tree branches at the top. Maybe it's sort of a contrasting kind of thing. But it doesn't appeal to me. But I love the warm amber color.

The amber color is the color of the cloud, i think it is due to the reflection of the city light. Thank you for your comment.

are those fires?

No, they are not fires, but they are working sites with very strong light. and the camera is not able to capture the detail of the light. that is why it seems like 'fire'. Thank you for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back