RandyC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mtsociety.com
A night scene from my condominium balcony :wink:

Critics and Comments are welcome

NightScene.jpg

Very pretty. You have a much better view than we do. Ours looks out over our parking lot. :p

hi and thx for the compliments:

This is a picture of my balcony view in PJ, Malaysia. i didnt really know i got a nice view till recently i got into photography and realised its a nice scene to shoot. Should have left that patch of grass on the bottom left out of the picture

Your own question about that patch of grass is a good one ... it is a bit distracting, being an all different colour and all that ... and only protruding into the frame as it is. But I doubt composition would have been good with so much more dark sky as you would get if you shifted your camera as to exclude that patch of green. Once done, you might have to go for a pano crop... maybe? (Just trying to imagine this...)
Other than that you DO HAVE a very nice view and I like this nighttime photo a lot.

this is a nice photo but i would cut that grass out and it would be much better

can i call this an improved version of the first one ? took this a couple of minutes ago with different settings and composition.

C&C pls :)

nsceneIM.jpg

thx :) btw that was not a cropped edited version, it was a totally new shot with different shutter speed and aperture settings ;) i also shifted my position for a better composition.

I like the last version best. I was going to suggest that you stop down a bit (ie, choose a smaller aperture) to get a star-effect around the lights, if that appeals to you, but it looks like you may have done that with the last one. With a wider aperture streetlights and bright lights in general will have a more diffuse halo. If you can stop down even more than you did in the last one you can get an even sharper star effect, though the lens will also dictate how they look. It's really a matter of preference but to me, the star-effects look a bit nicer.

One other thing that really helps night scenes is to shoot a little while after dusk, but before all the deep blue is gone from the sky. Keep your exposure down so that the sky appears a nice deep blue instead of a lighter cyan and it will look like night, but not so black as the first image you posted (which is still nice). Again this is just my own preference for this kind of photo.

Once again your last image here looks really nice. You've got a great view :)

Most reactions

Back