night shot of light house

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
in South Haven, MI. I took my tripod and did a couple night shots, with and without a star filter I have. One of the lights about a third down was out and creates this gap. I wish my PS skills were better so I could fix that.

Captured2007-1-1300047.jpg

Captured2007-1-1300045.jpg

It was too cold out there. But the next time the wind is kicking up and the water is splashing up over the pier, any recommendations on how to capture that in somewhat low light? Opening it up still wasn't fast enough. Don't want to put my camera at 1600 ISO due to noise. 400 didn't seem fast enough. Should 800 be that happy medium?

how longis your shuter speed? I wold say put that at 30 seconds and use and aperature around 10 and ISO 400, if its still too dark try using an even longer shutter speed on your camera. If you get some noise run the image through a noise reduction program and that should help quite a bit. I think this shot has a ton of potential, just need some light. Next full moon head back out there, it may give you that extra boost of light you need.

Ben, heehee... you repaired the light :D

The star filter effect is cool ... with this photo it does not look cheesy ... with some, I think it might!

seeing this thread reminded me of the 2 cross screen filters i have (4x and 6x). i went to the Ritz store here to get a UV and a CP, and got the 6x for free. now that i know they sell all their filters buy 2 get one free, ill probably buy all my filters there. i just wish they sold an infrared (R72) type filter there.

i really like the 2nd shot with the filter used. it gave me a crazy idea, but ill have to wait a couple months to try it.

Interesting shot with the filter. I am from Kzoo, and have shot that many times, although never when the waves were large enough to crash over it.

As for the 800 ISO, you might as well try it and see what happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back