Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0290_1.jpg

IMG_0295_1.jpg

IMG_0362_1.jpg

IMG_0405_1.jpg

Ok...I have a question too. How do you prevent "star" looking glare from the lights?

Thank you all.

Last edited:
I like the second one the best. [:

Great shots! I like the second one as well. One thing that I notice in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th shots is that the roofline of the building and/or the columns aren't perfectly horizontal/verticle. It could just be me and my crappy monitor though. :)

Edit: After looking closer at your photos, the fountian seems to be perfectly horizontal, so it is most likely the curvature of the lens affecting the roofline/columns. You could fix them in Photoshop as a fun project.

I like two and seven. Although in seven the blue lights are a bit distracting.

solvman said:
Ok...I have a question too. How do you prevent "star" looking glare from the lights?

Points of light can appear as stars if you use a small aperture. Open up the aperture as much as possible to avoid it. Although you may still get some even wide open. Probably depends on the lens.

Great shots! I like the second one as well. One thing that I notice in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th shots is that the roofline of the building and/or the columns aren't perfectly horizontal/verticle. It could just be me and my crappy monitor though. :)

Edit: After looking closer at your photos, the fountian seems to be perfectly horizontal, so it is most likely the curvature of the lens affecting the roofline/columns. You could fix them in Photoshop as a fun project.

Or might be just the building itself is not very streight :lmao: lol

I like two and seven. Although in seven the blue lights are a bit distracting.

Points of light can appear as stars if you use a small aperture. Open up the aperture as much as possible to avoid it. Although you may still get some even wide open. Probably depends on the lens.

I've made a lot of different shots with different aperture. All of the landscape shots came out with "stars" even with lager aperture. I was trying not to use large aperture not to loose focus on background buildings. What is preferable aperture for night landscape shots (I think I took it at little over 35mm focal length; 18mm-55mm Canon EFS lense)?

Thank you.

In the shots you posted, the only well-defined stars I see are in photos one and two. The rest are minor. I think it looks nice with the stars. If it were me I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I suppose the right aperture for night landscape shots is the one you want to use. Stop down for more star effect, open up for less. If you still get the star effect with a wide-open aperture, I don't think there's much you can do except try another lens.

In the shots you posted, the only well-defined stars I see are in photos one and two. The rest are minor. I think it looks nice with the stars. If it were me I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I suppose the right aperture for night landscape shots is the one you want to use. Stop down for more star effect, open up for less. If you still get the star effect with a wide-open aperture, I don't think there's much you can do except try another lens.

:thumbup:

These are great, what did you shoot these with?

Canon Digital Rebel XSi with kit lense 18-55mm EFS, remote control and "mix 2000" tripod that I bought in Walmart for a little over $20 :)

These are all great photos in there own way. Great job. Sorry I'm a nb so I don't have much C&C to give ya.

I don't know anything about night shots or shooting buildings. :) so to me these all look great! #2 is my fav.

I don't know anything about night shots or shooting buildings. :) so to me these all look great! #2 is my fav.

Thank you for your comment. It seems to me that most of all the people prefer #2 over #1 :)

Most reactions

Back