Night Shots - Downtown SA

SoMa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my first attempt at long exposures... i'd say C&C but if you just look at them thats fine too. :wink:

CarShowDowntown135.jpg

CarShowDowntown122.jpg

CarShowDowntown125.jpg

CarShowDowntown115.jpg

Not bad for a 1st attempt. Love the colors in the 2nd shot. Keep up the good work. These shots are so much fun!

Yep, that's San Antonio!

#2 is hella-cool!

#4 gave the location away for me (even tho I know you said it). There are some awesome shots around that area... The little river going thru town like that. Neat stuff! And of course remember the Alamo... ;)

:Dthanks for the comments guys...

Good start. Compositional rules still apply thought. The first one looks like the fire hydrant got in the way of the shot, and not part of the frame.

Number 2 looks colourful but the taillights draw the eye straight out of the frame, maybe panned a little to the left.

3 on the other hand is great. All the what would otherwise be distracting elements seem to draw the eye all around the frame.

Just one thing. Do you have a UV or protector or some other filter on your lens? In cases like this where you're shooting into a light source with no backlight you definitely want to remove this. All the lights are flaring and if you are using a filter (regardless of how good or expensive) it is probably contributing quite a bit.

thanks for the pats on the back peepz!

Garbz thnx for the cc... i admit i do need work on composition as well as other things... i think i did have a filter on the lens, i cant remember it was a spur of the moment type thing.

Well, they are good for a first-time-spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. Night photography is great fun, and I really like the blue bridge and the third photo. Those two appeal to me most.

I want to go re-visit San Antonio one day! I liked it there, mostly the Riverwalk (which may have been so because it was HOT when I visited, really HOT - to my mind! - and the Riverwalk was just that little bit cooler and fresher ... and very, very green! Yay for that colour!)

Very nice shots. I like 'em. Especially #2.

What were your settings? ISO/shutter speed/aperture etc? Any filters?

Great SA pic....I live 2.5hr north of SA I hope visit down there when I return.

Most reactions

Back