Night shots

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was thinking (thinking!) about throwing a fish or something in my yard, and watching to see what happens overnight. Maybe I can find myself a raccoon or something creepy (crosses fingers for bats!).

But I'm not sure how I would go about lighting it without building an elaborate rig or blinding my neighbors.

Any tips for a complete noob thinking of his first night shot on a budget? ;)

No one is even going to tell me o buy a flashlight?

Come on, at least tell me if the flash from my camera will make a raccoon attack me or not :bouncy:

just put a spotlight on the fish, the coon's won't care its lit up.

Get an extension cord and put a foglight on it. The warmth will spread the smell of the meat and entice a hungry creature!

Thanks for the tips all, and Bifur - I saw an adult raccoon outside my mothers house once. I have no desire to fight one of them (tho I did try to save the babies. One died the first night, the other lasted a couple more days before he died :( )

My sister raised one from a baby and kept it as a friend and pet. They're trainable but if you don't spend the time they're pretty troublesome. They're nocturnal and curious about every little thing. They open all your drawers, play with the silverware, and they seem to like clanking things together. Wonderful at 3 AM you know? :D

Kudos to anyone who can domesticate a wild animal. A bit too much for me tho. I wouldn't have the patience for 3am silverware ratting. ;)

Found some of the pics from my rescue attempt.

babyraccoon1.jpg

babyraccoon2.jpg

been there done that, and what fun it was:roll:

here is the momma i caught that was between the first and second floor.

DSC_0195.jpg

i also caught 5 babies out of a friends attic over 3 days.

Most reactions

Back