Night Shots

Putney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not every really taken any photo's at night. These are all from my holiday in Thailand. Mixed results.

lightning.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Love the lighting in the first shot! Great capture there! For not ever taking night shots these turned out really great!

Very nice. I too like the first shot. I think I'd like the last one better at a slightly higher shutter speed - it's good to have detail in the backround but I'd like some detail in the subject as well.

Peter

I was trying to get the fire dancer a littel sharper. should i have used a flash? I am not very good with a flash my images all seem to come out really dark. I was hoping the sand would all be nice and sharp too. the other problem is i didn't have a tripod i was resting the camera on the back of a chair.

The first shot really does the trick for me. May want to try neat image for the grain, although it works well without it.

The first is great by all the drama that is in it - a turbulent sky AND lightning (congratulations on that!!!) is always fascinating to look at.

But I also like the second, not the least bit of camera shake there, and you say you had to work without tripod? Just any camera rest you could find? Well, you did it then! Good!

I was sat in the restaurant using the back of the chair. i have a 28 - 300 mm lense good zoom. i was also slightly higher as the restaurant was raised.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back