Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to do some DRi... how did I do?

thank you for looking :)

DRI.jpg

IMG_0688_dri.jpg

IMG_0647_1_dri.jpg

I like 2nd one the best just that building is all out of shape

thank you chris
DRi (Dynamic Range Increase) is when you take the exact same shot with different exposures and ovleray them to get a better general exposure of your shot... I don't exactly know the right definition so if anyone could help me out here ;-)

well HDR is High dynamic range, but when you use a single RAW shot where you change the exposure you can't do a HDR in PS, so I did this DRI stuff manually, but I guess the outcome is similar...

I may be wrong but PS did not create HDR CS2 simply created a funtion that does it for you. HDR is just High dynamic range meaning there is a broader range of lighting than a single shot on a camera could produce. I believe people have been creating images with high dynamic ranges for a long time through various techniques. I have found one in Photoshop CS that produces images similar to those I see done with the new "merge to HDR" features and programs. I find increasing dyanmic range works best around sunset when your pictures tend to have silloutted forgrounds when you expose for the sunset or blown out backgrounds when you expose for the foreground. combining these photos will give your stunning results. I'll post one once im back on my CPU.

Those look great. However you did it I can appreciate it. I tried some night shots at different exposures before dawn this morning and the whole thing mixed up looks like an overcast day.

Most reactions

Back