Night traffic from the bridge. C&C

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm not so sure if I like this one... in some way, I think it looks kinda cool but other times, it's just not a good composition. Opinions please.
Clipboard02.jpg

You should try focusing on the road/cars and not the fence. I know those fences suck. Have them in NYC over high ways too lol

personally i like the fence in focus, everyone takes shots with the blurred cars in focus. this is a breath of fresh air. good job.

I like the point of view, and I like the fence in focus, leaving the background a bit blurry, yet we know exactly what we're seeing.

Fine job, and a somewhat fresh perspective on a pretty tired theme.

i'm gonna go back there i think tonight and try some more.
maybe ill try to focus more on the traffic this time

Hey WP , FL, is that 17-92? very familiar with the area.. :mrgreen: Now in NC thou, I love the pic, I like the fence focus, unique.

personally i like the fence in focus, everyone takes shots with the blurred cars in focus. this is a breath of fresh air. good job.

That might make a nice daylight shot.

Hey WP , FL, is that 17-92? very familiar with the area.. :mrgreen: Now in NC thou, I love the pic, I like the fence focus, unique.

Lol no, that is 436, Semoran Blvd. 17-92 is pretty near by though, I think.

also, now that i think about it.. i'm not sure if focusing on the background would work because there are so much distractions on that place.
there's like all these trash cans, weird things on median, random store signs that's not all good looking.

I actually like just the fence in focus. I think what you could try next time is using the tripod, take this same shot then take another one with the background in focus and in the dead center of the bridge. Get as wide angle of a shot as possible.

Blend these two together to have a theroetically unlimited DOF. You COULD stop it down to f/22, but I'm sure everything would be soft. After blending, make a center crop to get rid of all of the distractions on the side of the road.

~Michael~

Not sure if it is much noticeable but I did some editing.
Tiny bits of boost in contrast and brightness to make the fence on top of the picture just a little more visible. but I still wanted to keep the vivid neon-ness of the cars so I increased contrast before I did the brightness

Clipboard02-final.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back