Night walk (C&C please)

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this about an hour ago while taking a walk (BURRRR!) This dead plant caught my eye as it had a beam of light shining directly on it. Any tips on how to improve on composition/cropping/processing would be appreciated. This is about a block from my apartment and I may re-shoot tomorrow night so any tips will be applied. Thanks for looking. :D

IMG_36602.jpg

except for the fact I had no clue what it was at first, I really like the photo! It reminds me of clothes on a line that have been left to dry for like, decades. haha

good eye! and i dont think you need a bit of cropping or anything. Just my .02

except for the fact I had no clue what it was at first, I really like the photo! It reminds me of clothes on a line that have been left to dry for like, decades. haha

good eye! and i dont think you need a bit of cropping or anything. Just my .02

Thanks medicine man :thumbup:

I'm not sure :lol: I mean I know it is a dead plant of some sort but I don't know what the name of this specific plant is. It seems like no one knows what they are looking at so far, is this a bad thing? I thought it looks a bit abstract but is it too weird? I don't have a flash yet so it was hard to capture the full plant, I just used my gorillapod with a longer exposure to capture the bit of ambient light hitting it from the street lamp.

I like it for the fact that people are wonderign what it is. Adds a little mystery to the photo. I like the composition, but I wonder what it would look like at an angle instead of just sideways.

I like it for the fact that people are wonderign what it is. Adds a little mystery to the photo. I like the composition, but I wonder what it would look like at an angle instead of just sideways.

Good idea, I will have to try out the same shot from different angles tonight.

Pretty cool shot. interesting lighting and angle. Good stuff.
TJ

Free bump for you! LOL. I like this photo. I may have cropped the right side to take the vine right of the edge instead of the empty black space. Definitely try out different angles. I have notice with dead plants it is easy to get interesting shots by trying creative angles. Good shot and I like the choice of black and white.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back