Nightclub Photography Tips?

Box801

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Any tips before I do some tomorrow? I have a fair bit of experience, but anyone got some good tips?

Stay away from alcohol. It really makes a difference. After a few drinks, even garbage looks decent on the back of the camera...

Stay away from alcohol. It really makes a difference. After a few drinks, even garbage looks decent on the back of the camera...
Not only is judgement negatively effected, so are motor skills (camera shake, slow shutter finger) and visual acuity (ability to see in low light, composition and framing).

Stay away from alcohol. It really makes a difference. After a few drinks, even garbage looks decent

fixed it for you Derrel. :lmao::lmao:

search button is your friend. This question comes up once or twice a week for some reason. I find it odd- every club I have ever been out to, I have never seen anyone taking photos with anything more than a pocket P&S, but after reading here you would think the clubs are full of wanna be photogs with their 50mm 1.8's and pop up flashes just snapping away.

My suggestion is the same for any photography- get good glass, and get good light.

p!nK

The last club I went to there was an AC-DC cover band playing and some drunk woman was snapping shots with a small Canon d-slr...she was swaying to the music, and occasionally screaming at the top of her lungs....hammered off her a$$ drunk...I can only imagine how "good" her photos were. She was up front in the eardrum bleeding zone and was making quite a scene all by herself, but it was so loud that nobody really cared.

Most reactions

Back